programmable block stopped accepting left clicks BUT...

Axel shared this bug 13 months ago
Need More Information

Hey there!

I dunno when it happens but suddenly the programmable block stopped accepting left clicks in "Code-Editor" (where to load/edit scripts) to confirm actions from the buttons at the bottom like ok, help, workshop etc.

I've read about that just do stupid right/left clicking helps and another one wrote you have to hold left and then right.

All of this kind of internet informations are "a tiny bit" incorrect and I tried something for me so DEV's can reproduce the bug!

It kind of looks like left-clicking tends to select multiple buttons, just like I can select some things in the selection (Button "K" on a cp) with CTRL and left-click.

I didn't find out what the reason could be. Probably the first time I activated the experimental mode with scripts, saved, quit the game and then reloaded the savegame.

But that's a guess coz I'm still in the getting-to-know-you phase of this game. ;-)

In fact you can still click the buttons as follows and reproducible:

Hold right click and then left click to immediately act like a normal left click.

Interestingly, this way also works:

Hold down left click, then right click once - then release left click. Now everything works as before.

If I exit the prog-block and then go back in, the error is present again.

As a random suddenly working left click again is a more or less reproducible way (while in prog-block) to create/adding your own script in the workshop, then delete and exiting with ESC. I could repeat that 3-4 times and left lick just comes back. But it's more curios than helpful, I guess, and it is not really working at always.

This bug has been applied to all(!) my savegames, so I assume it is a general bug in the prog-block - which is supposed to exist since 2020. ;-)

I hope I could help the DEV's to identify the bug bit more to eliminate that "problem".

Sincerely, Axel

Replies (4)

photo

Hello, Axel!

Thank you for writing to us.

Could you kindly share further information about this issue?

Are you experiencing this issue in Single Player mode, in Lobby, or on any other multiplayer server?

Are there any MODs active in the world where you experienced this issue?

If yes, could you try in the vanilla (no active MOD) world and check if the issue is still reproducible there?

If the issue persists in the vanilla world, kindly send us a screen recording showing the issue at your end, along with log files when you experience this issue.

• You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

We are looking forward to assisting you with this issue.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello there!

Thank you for replying me.

It is in Single Player mode, Survival only, no further Mods, just plain vanilla with only two scripts now. (well known inv management and solar script)

Bug happens before installing scripts, while that and after that.

I'm also noticing:

If you weld with double (or normal one holding) left click, you can disable "weld effects" with double right click.

Maybe it has something to do with it? Unfortunately I don't know if this is a feature or a bug or both. ;-)

To send a screenshot is impossible as you can imagine. ;-)

Logfile is in attachment. Please delete it after downloading/reading. Thank you very much!

Please contact me for further question.

Sincerely with love ;-)

photo

I'm having the same, or similar bug.

This is the exact bug: https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers/pc/topic/stuck-in-editor-of-programmable-block

The thread is now locked, but I can assure you this has not been fixed.

Sounds like this is the same issue the orignal post seems to have.

I cannot reproduce. Original thread should be re-opened.

photo

I reported a very detailed version on this issue here, I'm an active user ready to help to investigate, saddly Axel looks like away from its keyboard

Leave a Comment

Attach a file