performance weirdness but only in ms store version

JM Corp shared this bug 27 days ago
Need More Information

in this save game attached i can start playing on the windows store version and after a few minutes performance slows to a crawl and the game tells me the scene is too complex.

i then load the same game up in the steam version and it runs fine on the same laptop.

the game was created on the windows store version. i've played a LOT on that version and this is the first time i've seen something like this happen. but i just recently got a new laptop and went from an intel with rtx3070 to an amd with rtx 4070. seems very weird that the save game plays fine in the steam version of the game though.

Replies (6)

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues.

Could you please attach a game log after reproducing the issue as well? It would really help.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House

photo

here's the two log files. i made a video of the issue but it's taking forever to upload to youtube. i'll leave a link later when it finally finishes uploading unless you tell me you don't need it.

photo

https://youtu.be/h9kSn1MppXI

processing still has 50 minutes. but once it will play you should be able to see the game plays smoothly at first, but then over time it starts hitching. over time it gets bad and then starts saying the scene is too complex. i noticed that it really got worse when i built a block. could be totally unrelated.

photo

Hello, Engineer,

Could you please check if you have available driver updates? There should be one available as far as we can see from your logs. Could you also please check that the correct GPU is active whenever freezes are present via the Task Manager?

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

I updated to the GPU driver that came out 4 days ago and nothing changed. I loaded the same save game and tried to finish building the drills that I was adding at the end of the video. the game was a slideshow before I could finish building all of them.

I also checked the acer support utility for updates and it said I was up to date on all bios/firmware there too.

photo

i forgot to add the gpu info. it looks like the nvidia gpu is doing most of the work?5a6b4c87b7500d05398df07745bf2258

photo

Hello, Engineer,

It looks like your integrated GPU is also working. It's drivers are from April 2023 as far as we can see from the logs, could you try updating those as well?

You can also change the preferred graphics processor settings to just your Nvidia dedicated GPU in Nvidia Control Panel and try if that improves the performance.

Kind regards,

photo

just a reminder, this doesn't happen on the steam version. it's not my drivers.

photo
photo

664806c2ef5e1e1b949277015a496053

top one is windows store version, bottom one is steam version.

d9eea5bdd21f02576e2b18b500f4ce14

no change in performance

c4ff30b487c2d4ce71803362adff5e08

photo

i also tried using creative mode tools and deleted my ship to see if i just had a wonky grid. that didn't help.

photo

Hello Engineer,

Have you tried changing the preferred GPU setting in the Nvidia Control Panel? From your screenshots it looks like both GPUs are working.

Kind regards,

photo

070886d29c6f974baaac38e7d25262cb

It's one of the first things i do when i get a new computer. so it was already done. but notice that it says that windows is in charge of that setting now, so it doesn't really do anything anymore.

photo

Hello Engineer,

Could you please tell us which resolution are you currently running for the game?

Could you please also install a newest Windows Update?

"Scene too complex" warning by itself is not an issue, please try pressing Shift+F1 to remove it.

Kind regards,

photo

what part of the game turns into a slide show made you think "just ignore the error"?

reminder: this doesn't happen in the steam version. reminder this doesn't happen in the steam version.

you know what. i was just trying to help you guys out and no longer care.

photo

Hello, Engineer!

And what about other questions from the previous post? We'd also like to mention that Steam and WS versions are different so it is possible the issue in one would not be present in another.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file