No more "Engine break"
I spend several 100 hours developing a fully automated tram system that relies on timer based wheel commands. Since there is no usefull way to break via timer I used to reduce the speed limit incrementally down to zero. Even then it did travel a long way until it dropped to a safe speed to connect. Since I need it to be very slow (way under 5m/s, the smallest possible speed limit by timer)
While this is an older iteration, this process is demonstrated in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRgioNnwt48
I have a fully automated implementation on my survival server, where it ran 24/7 for several weeks back and forth a line.
It all changed when the Fire Nation Attacked... ok, when you published the Warfare 1 update 198. Now when the top speed isn't changed it doesn't bleed enough speed anymore, almost none when I set the top speed from 5 m/s to 0 m/s. This is not listed as one of the changes in the updates and most likely a side effect of one of the listed changes to the wheels.
I really only found out about that when after a month of taking a break from the project I wanted to finally publish the tram and the easy to use rail system to the workshop - thus the delay in reporting here.