This object is in archive! 

Concrete Block

Sylarb shared this feedback 2 years ago
Not Enough Votes

Concrete Block

It is created with gravel, or cement mix (gravel + ice... idk you decide). It only comes as a cube (no more triangle shape, slope etc.), used only for floor and walls (imagine a concrete ship lol). You already have the concrete skin available from armor skins (Concrete Armor) or you can make a new one.

Idk how hard or not it might be to implement this, but make the concrete block only for stations/static grids, or just make it really heavy. Actual RL concrete weight is 2406.53 kg/m3, that makes the entire in-game large block (2.5m x 2.5m x 2.5m) weight 37.6 tons/block (making concrete ships very impractical). I don't think there is any need for Small Concrete Block (300 kg/m3), since you can't turn small ships into stations (I think so).

Also... idk about the difficulty of implementing this one either, but make the block gains its weight only after it is fully built (imagine you're just flying your ship and a random dude just comes and spams concrete block scaffolding on it, making it drop faster than the US economy in 2008 -_- ), or the block weight is proportional to its build state (0%-0, 50%-18.8 tons, 100%-37.6 tons).

Replies (3)

photo

this is pointless...

what is the benefit of having this? we already have the concrete skin as you said. so it would be pointless to add.

photo

nah bro. find an actual use for the gravel + add some immersion into a game. if you have a cat and paint it like a zebra it's still a cat idk

photo

a better use for gravel would using it as a resource for placing voxels in survival instead of a pointless addition.

photo

yea. voxel hands in survival would also be nice. but you cant make an airtight base without placing floor tiles too

photo
photo

1. I didnt bother checking other people's suggestion about this block. this one is mb.

2. As I said in the last paragraph of my suggestion "make the block gains its weight only after it is fully built, or the block weight is proportional to its build state (0%-0, 50%-18.8 tons, 100%-37.6 tons)". So maybe read more careful next time

photo

2. Yes, that's exactly the issue described in those tickets. Because blocks are immediately their full weight when placed, welded or not, they pose a problem. "So maybe read more careful next time" – Ditto.

photo
photo

Concrete blocks are not a good idea. First of all, the use case is extremely niche compared to the regular armor blocks. Second, if they exist, players will make ships out of them, and then get confused why they don't fly, and then bombard the Keen support forms (and any other forums) with complaints about "I made a ship and it doesn't fly, thrusters are BROKEN!" and then we'll get endless suggestions for more powerful thrusters because "the ones they have aren't strong enough." It's just endless power-creep and it will not benefit the game.

photo

"if they exist, players will make ships out of them, and then get confused why they don't fly" bruh... im sure no one is THIS mentally challenged to build a ship out of concrete. if they do they belong in mental hospital, or mc donald's kitchen. nothing more to say

photo

Would totally use concrete in ships if it meant better armour. Would totally use concrete in PMM/PMW if it meant more penetration or greater protection against CIWS to deliver payload. Would totally not go to a mental hospital for that because it's not my fault you refuse to think two blocks past your own imagination.

"and then get confused why they don't fly" The solution to that is, of course, MOAR BOOSTERS.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file