This object is in archive! 

Save/World Selection bug when Deleting Save/World

John Dawson shared this bug 15 months ago
Solved

This bug has been around since just after the fix of a bug I brought up 11 months ago being the

Load World Selection Bug (Xbox) after Warfare 2

This was also somewhat reported here:

"Load Game" UI on Xbox sometimes has wrong selection when trying to delete

The load world selection bug was fixed however it seems that it was only the selection that was fixed whereas now and for 11 months when entering the deletion screen it will identify the correct world as per the fix back then but will delete a different world not shown.

I've seen this bug brought up a few times but they have been systematically archived or marked as solved, but this problem is still present to this day and I hear from people somewhat frequently that they've lost whole worlds with hours and even days of work due to this, all only on Xbox regardless of Xbox version like One or Series X/S.

I lost a world or 2 and now am afraid to delete worlds in fear it will delete my frequently used worlds. this causes issues due to the fact that we on Xbox only have limited cloud storage for saves and blueprints and not being able to delete worlds is causing them to fill up quite quickly, We can upload our worlds to Modio and try deleting this way but not a lot of people know this method and it's not widely known to the community that this bug exists making it annoy and ruin allot of peoples experience of SE.

I recommend a community announcement, although late possibly in the ingame news screen on the bottom right of the title screen for console users to advise some people who don't use support or keep up with streams or news to tell them its an issue and teach a possible workaround stopping this bug causing more harm until its fully resolved.

Logically it seems to be a side effect of the bug I mentioned previously that used to show the wrong world when selecting them to go to the settings that would show the last world you hovered over not the one you currently hover over, the fix seems to of corrected it in one part but not in others being the deletion screen but you guys will have to dig deeper.

Apologies for the length of this bug report and if this is just another repeat bug report but most of what I looked for never explained the issue fully or had been archived or marked as solved so thought id put it up again and as it is quite likely the bug has stemmed from the fix of the bug I previously reported I thought id add this report fully.

Hopefully, this bug may already have a fix and you are waiting for another big update to implement it like Grid Ai but on the off chance you believe it has been resolved this should hopefully help.

As mentioned previously I'm on Xbox specifically Series X but I've heard people having this issue on Series S and even the base Xbox one, no sure if PC has this problem but as they use a mouse to select the world save not a scroll mechanic id assume not and if this is happening on Xbox id assume it will hit the Playstation version also as mentioned they world pretty similarily.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello Engineer,

We're aware of the issue and hope to resolve it in the upcoming update or release. We have linked your issue to our internal system. We will update this ticket when we know more.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineer,

I'm happy to announce that this issue is already fixed in the new version 202.

I will close this thread now as solved.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!