This object is in archive! 

"Load Game" UI on Xbox sometimes has wrong selection when trying to delete

Spencil Splodge shared this bug 2 years ago
Solved

I'm using version 1.200.027 (but applies since version 1.200) of Space Engineers on Xbox Series X and when attempting to delete a game within the "Load Game" UI it prompts to delete a different game to that selected. You can workaround it be cancelling the prompt, moving the selection around a bit, then it seems to prompt to delete the correct one. This can obviously end up being disastrous should the wrong save game be deleted.

I have noticed you have introduced a multiple selection option since v1.200, which is a very welcome feature, but may have affected this UI negatively.

Replies (5)

photo

Hello Engineers,

This issue has been reproduced and added to our internal system. We will update this thread when we have more information

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

it was the same issue that was fixed recently but with the options screen. the save at the top of the menu when first accessing save would be the one shown in the delete option until you look into another then it would be the one you last looked at.

photo

Hello, Engineers!

The fix for this is in v201

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

well, you fixed the problem of it saying the wrong save, but it still deletes the wrong save, now you don't know if it will delete the wrong save or not, so thanks, you costed me a save of MONTHS of progress.

photo

Hi,

I too have recently lost a save game, or more, when trying to clean up old save games as it deleted the wrong ones (v1.201.013 on Xbox One Series X). Thankfully, I've been numbering the names to have another level of backup so only lost a few hours of work. Currently, the delete function cannot be trusted. I believe the issue applies to operations on the backups section too.

Thanks,

Spence.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file