This object is in archive! 

[1.187.089] Ship stuck in space as if connected

iCare. Striker shared this bug 5 years ago
Won't Fix

Hi

Since we started a dedicated server again, we have had different ships suffer from a bug where they get stuck in place, as if they where connected to a connector - some after disconnecting from a connector, some after releasing landing gears, but the next one: mid flight.

The last one triggerd, because the others had workarounds (get out of the ship, depower it, turn back on, hop back in) - but this one we can't fix. It's able to move again after x time, and then get's stuck again, same sort of "connector" pulling it back in place.

How to fix this?

Replies (11)

photo

Workaround (Admin only) - using creative tools in survival - Ctrl-X & Ctrl-V and it's movable again.

Finding: also noticed that the player, even though he was hovering next to me, died after i cut away the ship, not him, but he did get a body location as if he'd died and his "body" was there, he never died, so we had his live body and his dead body, without him dying..... as if he was in the cockpit of the ship I cut away.

photo

The two ways i have been able to get rid of this bug is by calling my admin who will despawn and respawn my ship OR when the server reboots as most do on a daily basis the bug also get's fixed but other than that... good luck. What ever ship you had stuck to the connector is useless untill the reboot.

photo

@azko ckar, that was exactly the fix that was needed, rather anoying and I hope it doesn't happen too often.

photo

Hello,

Could you please provide us with more information regarding the issue you reported? To report a bug into our system it is necessary to have reliable steps to reproduce in order for programmers to fix it.

Any additional information would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

I was able to reproduce this by using a projector to build a ship that was joined by armor blocks to a mule small ship. After completion, I ground away and split the two ships. The new one cannot move at all while the original mule ship is locked to a connector.

photo

We haven't been able to reproduce it unfortunatly - once we experience this again ill try and gather Client and server log.

photo

Dedicated Server:

1). Create two large grids with merge blocks and connectors, one of which should be static and a few small grids with connectors.

2). Attach small grids via connector to the large static grid.

3). Merge static grid to mobile grid.... try and make sure in some way the new merged grid's "bounding box" will encompass the small grid on a connector.

4). Detach small grid and attempt to move away.

Some variation of this process should wind up with a stuck grid. I actually had the mobile large grid stuck doing this at one point. This bug is both prevalent and exceedingly annoying... nearly every session I play nowadays it seems to happen at least once. I've gotten into the habit of disconnecting all small grids before merging/unmerging and I don't seem to have the problem any more. Also "convert to station/convert to ship" may play a role.

I have a hard time believing no one in KSH can reproduce this or has personally experienced it with how often it happens.

photo

Hello,

we had a lot of those bugs when players had their autopilots active when the server went down for a restart. After the restart the ship was stuck like it was converted to a station. Not movable in any way. We need to repaste it or the next serverrestart fixed it.

Seems like ships with only a few thrusters are more being affected.

photo

I’ve been having the same bug with a ship that’s never even been connected to anything; overrides can move it (thruster and gyro) but WASD and QE do nothing. Attaching another ship to the stick one sticks that ship was well, though this stops if the ship disconnects.

Also of note is that the ship displays its weight when sitting in a cockpit as 0.0

photo

Happens to ships with very low thrust to weight ratio I found. More thrusters prevents bug. Cut and paste repairs.

photo

(build 1.190 vanilla)Having the same issue on official server NA11 I have completely rebuilt this ship 3 times now and it keeps happening. game is pretty much unplayable Here is my log file has nothing to do with thrust weight ratio, i have tried putting 6 large thrusters on this small ship doesn't change a thing.

photo

It just happened to me on KEEN FR#4 with a small grid ship connected to my large grid station

photo

same issue, 1.194.048. can grind the large grid connector and my little ship's connector and it still happens. Is it maybe a network issue? This never happened to me during several hundred hours of solo but happened several times in different versions of the game in multiplayer.

photo

Hello, Engineers!

As I see, this thread, as well as last comments here are rather old now.

Are you still experiencing it? Or was it fixed in the meantime.

Thanks in advance for confirming me current situation.

Kind Regards

photo

Same bug.

Running on lastest version. Dedicated server with 4 people. Ship has no control after connecting and releasing it from connector.

everyone on server experiencing same issue. max ping 50.

Server specs

i5 8th gen

24gb ram

5mb/upload

photo

Hello, Eric,

thanks for coming back to this thread and letting me know.

I have checked the other "rubber banding" and various "ships not moving" issues/threads, as we have quite a few of those running on and off for a long time now.

I found two that might be the same as what you are experiencing. Please, can you take a look?

1. The old and unfortunate issue about rubber banding around connectors.

2. This one is quite different, already reproduced and currently waiting for fix - the issue here is that two ships parked/landed/connected on the same grid, and two players try to fly them, only the first one can. Current workaround for this one is to ask the second player to leave the cockpit for a while, when you sit in and start to fly. Then both of you will have control over your ships.

Please let me know if any of these seems like the problem that you are experiencing. Or whether if it´s the second one, if the workaround works for you as well for now.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

photo

Hello, Engineers!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Replies have been locked on this page!