500t of 'locked ships' to base, creates constant roaring sound.
This began to happen to us in our DS game world, where suddenly there is this horrendous roaring in our left hangar. We couldn't figure out what was going on, thought maybe a 'stuck drone' was in the voxel with its hydrogen thrusters at full (its what it sounds like). Nope! Not the issue.
After debugging and trying to repro this, I got it boiled down to this example world. A video of the example world with the noise in action: https://youtu.be/ZUA7EDA4Rhs
- Happens in solo, creative, or DS - The attached test world is a creative solo game.
- Doesnt matter what mods are installed - I reduced the mods to none, and it still happens, but my test world is using the BuildVision and BuildInfo mods for ease of locking/unlocking gears to test with. You can disable them and still get the effect.
- This test world provided, is a brand new clean start game.
- This test world is using 10 of a ship I had, where each weighs about 50t, and has a cockpit. This can happen with fewer heavier ships... or like 50 very lightweight ships.
- The locked ships must have at least one cockpit and a battery on (thrusters not a factor).
- All the ships in this example have their thrusters "off".
- The roaring sound can be heard up to like 200m away, then it drops off suddenly.
- In this test world I provided... simply walk up to the ship in the middle and lock its landing gear. If all ten of those ships are 'locked'... it will roar. If only 9 are locked, its normal.
This "roaring noise" has all but ruined our experience in our DS game. It was driving us mad last weekend when we started to have the problem. Took me a lot of trial n error and adding/deleting and moving things around to finally drill it down to this working example.