Reopening of topic 41984 (Frequent Crashes, SharpDX.SharpDXException)

hahasel shared this bug 3 months ago
Won't Fix

Ello again. Apologies for the delay in my response, that was on me. Thought i had sent it off already. This is about this previously opened Ticket:

https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers/pc/topic/41984

After coming back to space engineers after a short break, crashes started again. We had done all steps provided in the earlier ticket, except for vanilla world, as we both are playing on a large-ish server with mods and the rest of the people did not have any issues.

However, as it kept happening, for debugging we did the last part as well.

This log comes from a completely fresh world, creative with default settings in an Earthlike spawn, single player.

After placing down a projector and a welder, my friend crashed again. Log attached. Honestly, I'm starting to run out of ideas. Looking forward to see if you have any we missed so far.

Replies (3)

photo

EDIT: I just realized after scanning the log another time I should probably clarify something:

> 2024-01-18 22:34:11.723 - Thread: 1 ->

> Environment.CommandLine: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\SpaceEngineers\Bin64\SpaceEngineers.exe -skipintro -plugin "..\..\..\workshop\content\244850\2407984968\RunPluginLoader"

This is safe to be ignored. This is from the old plugin loader (pre-automatons) and this points to nothing anymore.

Something else I noticed:

> 2024-01-18 22:34:12.155 - Thread: 1 ->

> Checksum file is missing, game will run as usual but file integrity won't be verified

This seems a little odd. Steam integrity verifying and reinstall were both done. Maybe that could be of relevance?

photo

Hello hahasel,

Thank you for providing additional details about the issue, and we apologize that none of the workarounds suggested in the previous thread resolved the issue for your friend.

Regarding the 'Checksum file is missing' error, please note that this error usually doesn't impact the game, and it should run without any issues.

As for the plugin loader, we recommend unsubscribing from it on the Steam Workshop. Since it has been 'Deprecated,' and its description states, "Keen has decided to remove plugins from the Steam workshop. Anyone with Plugin Loader installed must clear the game launch options." We suggest doing the same, and for checking purposes, please remove all launch options, start the game, and play on a vanilla world.

If the issue still occurs, kindly send us the latest log file.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello hahasel,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file