Disappearing Audio

TheShadowGamer128 shared this bug 8 months ago
Reported

I've had this bug for a long time, but failed to keep up with support the first time. My audio continues to disappear after a few minutes and I've tried various means to fix it as mentioned in my previous report, linked below. For good measure, I will add a screenshot of the mods I use and my PC specs and OS. I will try to keep a closer eye on this tread for further troubleshooting.

https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers/pc/topic/22702-audio-bug

element mr 9320

intel core i7-10700F

NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6gb

16gb DDR4-3000MHz

240gb SSD

1tb SATA 3 hard drive

B460 Chipset Motherboard

Replies (6)

photo

Hello, TheShadowGamer128,

thank you for reaching to us again. Can I ask which of the steps written in the links you have tried after the latest update?

Does the sound disappear altogether or just some parts of it? What can you find in the settings when it happens? Does the sound work in any other application or website at the time?

Are you using any sound device that is plugged to the motherboard?

Before you do anything else can you please deactivate all mods, plugins and scripts? Then please install these libraries.

If it does not work, then please provide me with your latest log from when the audio disappeared.

• You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello,

I have tried both steps from the two seperate Steam Discussions, I have verify game files, and I've tried reinstalling Space Engineers. I have not deleted my Space Engineers.cfg file, the ShaderCache folder, or the roaming folder.

My game's audio completely dissapears; no music or any sound effects. It usually disappears after a few minutes, though the longest I've gone is roughly half an hour. When it does, the sliding bars are where I left them. There has been times both sliders are set to zero once launched, but I still get audio once I change that.

As per audio device, between my first report and now, I've installed a GoXLR, but it's been no different. I don't know if this makes a difference, but I mainly play in Experiemental Mode.

After disabling mods, and all 13 DLCs (congrats btw), I still lose audio a couple minutes after starting a new save. I don't run any in-game scripts.

photo
photo

thank you for the log. You said you are not using any mods and scripts, however I could find errors resulting from them. Is this the latest log after playing vanilla?

I also found an error with the sample rate showing 0. The sample is rate at which audio is being processed. However, the value of 0 is unusual and could indicate a problem or misconfiguration. Normally, you would expect to see a numerical value representing the sample rate (e.g., 44100 Hz for CD-quality audio or 48000 Hz for standard digital audio).

The fact that the sample rate is set to 0 might indicate an issue with the audio configuration in Space Engineers, possibly leading to audio problems in the game. You can read about audio issues here.

Are you also using several audio outputs? Or do you have just one device? Which devices are you using?

Have you tried to install the libraries I shared with you in my previous message, please?

Additionally, also please try the following advice:

1. Check Audio Device Connections: Ensure that your speakers or headphones are properly connected to your computer. Sometimes, loose connections can lead to intermittent audio loss.
  2. Update Audio Drivers: Outdated or incompatible audio drivers can cause sound issues. Visit the website of your computer's or motherboard's manufacturer to download and install the latest audio drivers for your system.
  3. Update Graphics Drivers: Sometimes, graphics driver updates can also impact audio performance. Make sure you have the latest graphics drivers installed for your graphics card.
  4. Update Windows: Ensure that your operating system (e.g., Windows) is up to date with the latest updates and patches. Sometimes, system updates can resolve compatibility issues.

Thank you for letting me know if it worked.

Kind regards,

photo

Hello,

I appear to have sent the log from what I thought was the day of your requested. The log below is from today (9/4/2023). This one shouldn’t have any mods, scripts or DLCs. If this persists, let me know and I will try to submit one from a day or two later.

Forgive me if I’m not reading this correctly, but if I am, then my sample rate is at 2 channel, 24 bit, 48000 Hz (Studio Quality). It was at 2 channel, 16 bit, 48000 Hz the first time I reached out.

I have just the one audio device. It’s a TC-Helicon GoXLR. I have my HyperX Cloud Alpha Gaming Headset plugged in the GoXLR.

The log below is after I installed the libraries you previously shared.

My audio device connections should all still be plugged in as I had to reconnect my setup with a new desk back in May. And my drivers and Windows OS have been kept up to date in recent days.

If there is any more I should do, feel free to let me know! Thank you in advance!

photo
photo

thank you for the new log. The sample rate is correct now.

We discussed this internally and can you please try to play Space Engineers without the headset? You also said that you installed new audio device as well. Can you try to launch the game without it, if it is external and you can turn it off? We need to eliminate the devices which could be causing this issue.

Additionally, I know you have already uninstalled the game, but please try to do so once more through Steam (you can make a backup of your saves and blueprints somewhere else on your computer). Then go to the Roaming folder and delete any traces of Space Engineers. Restart your computer and install the game again.

You can also share one of your saves with me so I can test out if the saves are not affected by this.

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

photo

Hello,

I want to firstly clarify; this bugged started before I installed my headset or audio interface (GoXLR). That being said, I did run the following tests;

1} I used a Bluetooth speaker, Rienok S1 mini in place of headset: game audio cut out after 2 minutes. NOTE: I could not use GoXLR to adjust any audio while the Bluetooth was running.

2} My headset had been plugged into the tower with the GoXLR disabled: still maintained game audio for about 15 minutes (I would have tested longer, but it was late). I did run a second test anyways, it cut out somewhere in 20 minutes. I’m unsure, as I had to step away.

These tests were done without mods, DLCs, or scripts.

I have saves with and without mods. Below is a modded game with the list from my first post. Note: this save was made before Decorative Pack 3.

After I submit this post, I will be reinstalling and wiping all saves and blueprints (I can find my ships on the workshop).

I will leave a follow-up after I reinstall Space Engineers.

photo

Follow-up post: after deleting the Roaming folder and reinstalling Space Engineers, I still lose game and music audio within a minute of either loading the main menu or a new save. No DLCs, mods or scripts were used. I'm not sure if it matters, but below is the log after reinstalling.

photo
photo

Hello TheShadowGamer128,

Thank you for the log and save files. According to the shared log the audio crashes because GoXLR is not supported by us. Can you please share a log file from the time audio cut out without you using GoXLR and while you played in vanilla world? Doing so will allow us to better identify the issue. Please only use supported audio devices for the testing.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

photo

Hello,

This log was during a test save that did not have any DLCs, scripts or mods installed. My GoXLR was also disabled for the test. I maintained audio for about three minutes.

Thank you for your support and Happy Holidays!

photo
photo

Hello TheShadowGamer128,

Thank you for the new log. Since your issue needs attention from our programmers I need additional information from you.

What exact audio device have you used for the newest test and what was the result?

What exact audio devices have you tested so far and what were the results?

Thank you in advance and Happy Holidays to you too!

Kind regards,

photo

Hello,

For starters, I am on Windows 10 OS on an iBuypower Element MR 9320 . With my latest test, the audio output device was Realtek HD Audio. My head set is a HyperX Cloud Alpha Gaming Headset. The result was about 3 minutes of game audio before it cut out.

As for previous tests, I will reiterate a past post. I used my Rienok S1 mini Bluetooth speaker instead of my heatset with my GoXLR still plugged in, but it could not adjust my audio. I lost game audio after a couple of minutes.

The second test would have been using Realtek HD Audio as I had my GoXLR disabled and my headset connected to my tower. I maintained audio longer, but I was multitasking that night and I don’t know how long it lasted for.

Both tests were done without DLCs, scripts, or mods.

photo
photo

Hello TheShadowGamer128,

Thank you for the specifications of your hardware and software. I have reported it internally.

Kind regards,

Leave a Comment

Attach a file