This object is in archive! 

Audio Bug

TheShadowGamer128 shared this bug 2 years ago
Won't Fix

I'd like to report an audio bug I've had for the past 2 months, at least. I would lose both music and general game audio a few minutes after loading a save. Also, I sometimes launch SE and both audio bars in the settings are set to 0 in the main menu. I've tried troubleshooting from removing mods, to disabling Experimental Mode and I'm still losing audio.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, TheShadowGamer128!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. There have been reports of this in the past so will link you to (what I hope) are some useful threads to use for fixing the issue.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/244850/discussions/1/350542683208900382/

https://steamcommunity.com/app/244850/discussions/0/364041776188311003/

Please let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

My sound was already at 24 bit, 48000 Hz. I lowered it to 16 bit 48000 Hz and I still lose audio.

I don't know if it'll help, but I'll post my PC Specs here:

element mr 9320

intel core i7-10700F

NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6gb

16gb DDR4-3000MHz

240gb SSD

1tb SATA 3 hard drive

photo

Hello, TheShadowGamer128!

Sorry this hasn't helped. You could also try the following which can help a wide array of issues. It would also probably be worth updating your sound drivers and disabling any 3rd party headset programs or anything similar to see if they are interfering. Could you also verify which OS you are using?

• Verify your game files in Steam

• Right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

/bfSnH0rGoN-NgctSWBJN3LfvWZvgnfye9BrPgucxV0n8TDpNc-7yZYwSifdRXyl1quu20KGUNmHzSf6VGRbhWS4a_EYn2MclxJSOz6eVarmz-fhTWVaofVOAVZN_l_leF9dgQ5GF

• Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file

• It means your game configuration will be deleted
  • You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

• Delete ShaderCache folder

• Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo
photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello

I'm sorry for the late response. I didn't recieve a notification of a second reply, just the first and third.

I am using Windows 10 OS. I've validated SE files on steam today and two weeks ago with no change, and I start steam up every day when I turn my computer on. As for the file deletion, I don't know where to do that personally, so I left that untouched.

I apologize again for the late response and would to thank your team for reaching out to me!

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file