False Graphics card Overheat error

Eric Ledis shared this bug 5 years ago
Outdated

Oftentimes when playing, The game will crash and a window will popup which will say " Graphics card has overheated or out of date". Meanwhile, the actual temperature is often lower than the limit, and nothing is wrong. This has been discussed by other players, though a bug report has not been made.

Replies (7)

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for your feedback! Your topic has been added between considered issues.

Please keep voting for the issue as it will help us to identify the most serious bugs.

We really appreciate your patience.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Since this topic has been blasted throught the internet and MANY of the same problems of thread that have been opened here I ddo not think you guys are understanding the seriousness of this issue

photo

I am getting this error... and seeing this error is going on a year old... is a bit concerning. Granted, I've only had the error more recently. (Played a hundred hours prior without ANY problems.)

Graphics driver is Geforce 441.87 GTX 970 SC OC.

Steam Verified game content as well.

I have an error report file attached supplied by the game.

photo

Maybe this could help others? I don't remember if it was the same bug as mentioned here, but I also started having graphics errors crashing the game - only after changing the graphics settings for the game using "Nvidia Control Panel". I guess there are some setting that cannot be overridden from Nvidia.

After restoring the Nvidia graphics settings for Space Engineers the error stopped appearing and game was running good again.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file