This object is in archive! 

Connector trade mode no share issue

Юрий Куперман shared this bug 19 months ago
Won't Fix

This issue was already reported a year ago but that time the reporter could not explain the problem so I am trying to do it once again

Old thread: https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers/pc/topic/connector-trade-mode-not-working-for-player-stations

Imagine a trading station built by a player: it has a store block and a connector. Obviously we set the connector’s trade mode on to prevent free transfer of items, gas and energy. If we set the block to no share state then other players won’t be able to dock. The previous reporter was given an advice to set the connector to share with all because a connected ship won’t be able to disable the trading mode. Well, if a visitor of the trading station interacts with the connector directly from a suit (not from his ship) than he can disable the trading mode and alter all other settings

What connector needs is a “Share with all” setting which currently can be found for doors, dispensers, store and contract blocks

Lack of connector’s “Share with all” option makes it nearly impossible for players to setup a trading station in the same manner NPC stations work

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thanks for reaching our forum regarding the issue that you are experiencing.

Can you please provide more information, so I can reproduce the issue on my end as well?

It would be great if you can provide exact steps to reproduce, video showing this issue and some save of world/blueprint of the base, where this issue can be observable.

Thanks.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Here is a video with reproduction of the issue, a 7z archive of the world in the video and 7z archive of the blueprint of the basic trading station from the video

photo

Hello, Engineer!

We greatly appreciate you sharing the files with us.

After investigating your provided files, we can assure you that the connector's share mode is working as expected.

Concerning the ship's docking issue, it has been happening because of the issue that has already been reported internally. Although there is a workaround you can try on your Trading Station. You can keep your connector either at "No Share" or "Share with my faction mode" so no other random player can alter settings directly interacting with their suit. Next, the player who wants to dock their ship to your trade station can turn its connector's ownership to "Nobody", that way they can dock and trade with your trade station.

Please let us know if that works for you.

Kind Regards,

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Replies have been locked on this page!