This object is in archive! 

Performance Issues without known cause

Ravekhllar Velloren shared this bug 3 years ago
Won't Fix

My hardware meets the min run requirements and even exceeds the minimum. Despite this however I seem to have major frame loss, yet players with similar hardware say they run it without issue.

I am well aware that world complexity plays a role but my frame loss sometimes happens without major grids and complex worlds. Setting all settings to low mostly fixes the problem but strikes me as odd as my GTX 1660 should have no issue with visual rendering. I assume it may be a CPU problem ( A series A12-9800 cpu) but have been unable to confirm. A prime example I have is playing the campaign and getting 15fps even on low settings.

Replies (3)

photo

Hello!

Thank you for your report. How long have you been experiencing this issue? Is your operating system up to date? Please try following steps:

• Verify integrity of game files
  • Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Reinstall game

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

The issue has been from the very start. To give context I purchased SE about a month ago so my issue has only occured with the newest version.

As for the .cfg file I have already tried this as per Dan2D3D's advisement. I will look into the other possible fixes you have provided.

I am still concerned as of the CPU issues as some research has lead me to conclude that AMD CPU's are having issues with SE.

photo

Hello,

Thank you for your information so far. I would also recommend you to update all drivers and please make sure that your operating system is fully updated as well.

Thank you!

Kind Regards

photo

Update:

- reinstall did not solve the issue

- chipset and operating system as well as GPU drivers up to date

- file verification could not find any faulty files

- redist reinstall did not work due to error.(might investigate later)

- issue not solved yet

I thank the QA department's efforts thus far, but as of now the issue remains unresolved.

photo

Hello, Ravekhllar!

I appreciate this thread is quite old. Is this still an issue that persists with you or, has it since been resolved? I will close this if you no longer face the issue :)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Replies have been locked on this page!