"The current version of the game requires a Dx11 card"

Jorgen Maeve shared this bug 4 years ago
Outdated

Good morning, day or evening, whenever you recieve this! 
I am afraid I have encountered this rather old bug.  
The "Space Engineers" application seems to think that my Computer does not have a DirectX11-compatible GPU built in. This however is simply untrue as you may deduce from my hardware specifications. This problem only occurred after a recent upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 and Space Engineers seems to be the only game out of my collection that now produces this kind of error. See "ihavetried.txt" for troubleshooting   

Looking forward to playing your great game again! 

Best Regards 

Felfis

Replies (3)

photo

I have the same bug , i searched a little bit on the internet and found it's a 2016 bug , I even found some comments saying that to fix this you need to go in appdata , space engineers , space engineers.cfg and change the line of code on graphics renderer from "directx 9" to "directx 11" but the problem is that it's already like that so i dont know what to do , and by the way , this bug apperead out of nowhere , i just diden't start space for a couple weeks and then i found this

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for your feedback! Your topic has been added between considered issues.

Please keep voting for the issue as it will help us to identify the most serious bugs.

We really appreciate your patience.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

I am having the same problem after I also upgraded from widows 7 to windows 10. I attached the log file here. Has anyone made any progress on this?

photo

Have you tried updating the video card driver?

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

photo

Yes, but it didn't work.

photo

I'm having the same issue.

photo

What is your video card model and driver version being used?

photo

I use a GeForce GTX 760, and my driver is currently version 445.87.

photo

What I had to do was completely uninstall my graphics card driver. Reinstall.

Then I completely uninstalled Space Engineers. Appdata folders as well.

Then I downloaded Engineers on my C drive rather than my D.

Now all is working well.

photo

I tried this, as I also have two hard drives, but it didn't make a difference for me.

photo

I've managed to partially fix the problem. It turns out that this crash occurs because I am using two monitors. If I disable either of my monitors, Space Engineers works. However, I would like to be able to run the game without disabling a monitor, both due to the hassle and to be able to have something else on the second screen. Now that I've narrowed it down, do you have any suggestions as to how to fix this?

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file