Sensor Minimum distance of 0 resetting

Chop Ninja2 shared this bug 4 years ago
Outdated

I saw it discussed and mentioned before so I do not know if this meant to be a bug or feature but currently whenever I interact with a sensor and change multiple ranges of that sensor to 0 it works. In this case I set all the distances except forwards to 0. this allowed me to create long laser like pillars out of the sensors which would be very interesting for an obstacle course build. They work perfectly as intended and there are no problems with how they work as they only occupy the center 0.5m by 0.5 m of a large block. However the problem shows up when I log in and out and all the distances set to 0 reset as 1.This means that they instead of occupying the center 0.5 now occupy the whole large block.

I would like some clarification as to wherever you are meant to have 0 in range for these sensors. It is a cool current feature at this moment and I hope it was intended, but in the case that it was unintended I would like confirmation as it would become annoying to constantly reset my sensors to 0 if it would later be patched out due to it being unintended. Also I'll be monitoring the report if anything is unclear.

apologies for the work

Replies (7)

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for your feedback! Your topic has been added between considered issues.

Please keep voting for the issue as it will help us to identify the most serious bugs.

We really appreciate your patience.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

It breaks every thing with sensors in design. When will you fix this?

photo

I have the same issue and it is really annoying. it breaks all my stuff.

photo

Would be good if we could get this fixed!!!!

photo

1 year on and this is still an issue, all sensors reset back to their lowest range settings each time you log in

photo

Nearly 2 years on and Im getting the same bug. Makes sensors unusable.

photo

Hello, Engineers!

Sorry to hear you're still experiencing this issue. Is this relating to the extents? I have just tested it by putting all extents to 0.1 saving, and restarting the game to find they are all still at 0.1 We have had two similar threads https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers/pc/topic/each-time-i-reload-my-map-or-restart-the-game-sensor-range-detection-resetted-by-default and https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers/pc/topic/sensor-range-is-reset-after-each-reload Are you using any mods at all? Please let me know if this is not relating to the extents and how to reproduce the issue :)

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file