King Statues- A glorious way to claim!
I think king statues should claim land, a LOT of land. It is already a rare block and doesn't really do anything other than fashion. I for one have rejected many building sites for castles because the claim zones are so awkward that I cannot defend all the land easily (which is part of the point of a castle to begin with)
1) You have to get the schematic, either by finding it (landmark or scribe's treasure) or buying a copy from another player.
2) You must be the leader of a house for the effect to work.
3) Only 1 king statue per house
4) King statue claims it's area and all adjacent zones if empty (9 total zones)
4a) For every 10 or so players in your house, increase dimensions (3x3 becomes 4x4 and so on)
5) King statue requires no taxes to be paid (permanent claim)
6) King statue attracts barbarians who want to destroy it.
7) King statue must be up high (cannot detect any ground within 5 block radius)
8) King statue must be able to see the sky, and perhaps the other directions (no stone tomb, DECLARE YOUR GLORY, also vulnerable to trebuchet if you only have tiny fort or bad castle location)
9) (Optional, multiplayer) King statue grants gold/resources into the inventory of the enemy player who destroyed it.
10) (Goes with 9) King statue requires that same gold/resources to build, to prevent "farming" it.