King Statues- A glorious way to claim!

Rye Bread shared this feedback 5 years ago
Submitted

I think king statues should claim land, a LOT of land. It is already a rare block and doesn't really do anything other than fashion. I for one have rejected many building sites for castles because the claim zones are so awkward that I cannot defend all the land easily (which is part of the point of a castle to begin with)

1) You have to get the schematic, either by finding it (landmark or scribe's treasure) or buying a copy from another player.

2) You must be the leader of a house for the effect to work.

3) Only 1 king statue per house

4) King statue claims it's area and all adjacent zones if empty (9 total zones)

4a) For every 10 or so players in your house, increase dimensions (3x3 becomes 4x4 and so on)

5) King statue requires no taxes to be paid (permanent claim)

6) King statue attracts barbarians who want to destroy it.

7) King statue must be up high (cannot detect any ground within 5 block radius)

8) King statue must be able to see the sky, and perhaps the other directions (no stone tomb, DECLARE YOUR GLORY, also vulnerable to trebuchet if you only have tiny fort or bad castle location)

9) (Optional, multiplayer) King statue grants gold/resources into the inventory of the enemy player who destroyed it.

10) (Goes with 9) King statue requires that same gold/resources to build, to prevent "farming" it.

Replies (4)

photo

TLDR: Love this idea very much because i think we need 2 or more types of claims, and we need longer time for claims as well as some kind of reporting system on time to expire. one claim for heartland home and another for battle.

i have wanted a two claim system for a while now -- a home claim that lasts as long as possible, and more expendable enemy provoking claims... my experience is based on a lot of human interaction on all spectrums from angry guys that quit once a wall goes down to those that have played together now for years after meeting in ME and having fun being sieged. some love it and some hate it. there is PvP with sword play and crossbow but we are really talking about using the game to its potential with catch blocks and physics for siege weapons. the workshop is amazing on what folks do with the ME/SE sandbox!

2 claims, one is a heartland claim and the other is a battle claim. The Kings Statue fits the heartland claim need. change those titles as needed, its just the concept of one claim being a PvP Protection mod type thing that only siege weapons under a war declaration can damage another's stuff, something solid and only clever thief ninjas could mess with. but because this game rocks with siege craft and too few are doing it we need an incentivized second claim that is a battle claim that can be less grievous to lose? use the current claim blocks with their awful one week expiration as these more temporary claims.

IDEA >> in order to place a claim block the Kings Statue must be warehousing, or collateral, for the other claims. a certain qty of metal ingots must be loaded into the statue for each claim block placed and under use....

here is a lesson i would enjoy any dev team to think about: folks want to build a home that is pretty and village like and trading happy and has hopping bunnies and clean fluids.... but folks need to have defenses that are worthy yet expendable. walls and moats should be built driven by fear. medieval. but there is a human conflict of build and destroy. almost all players i know dont want the castle they spent 100 human hours wiped from 2 excellent trebuchet folks. we need both sides, right now the game is 90/10 builders over siegers.

the idea of a Kings Statue is a perfect solution imho. let the King Statue be the main home thing and replace the claim block. then the claim block become a more useful forward operating base or faraway mine take... maybe there is a difference in the stone vs wood claim blocks, or add more...

IDEA >> make the KStatue four claims imho and not bigger perhaps because this will mess with Fast Travel hard, however the notion of additional house members allowing bigger claim is fun. each new house member (smell out any abuse and adjust) adds one more square, like lots in a development. history has driven societies together when under threat, little single farms and forest houses were usually raided hence the rise of the village so this is possible i think using the KStatue as a second claim and being the larger more permanent claim.

ROADS >> imho you have to make roads exempt from someone building a claim onto, or at least with 2 claims you cant KStatue over a road but you could with the temp regular claim blocks? .i disagree with the notion of purposefully blocking a road from travelers because with a prot mod active you then have to declare war and siege their claim off the roadway to make it passable... if we could make a road as unclaimable than it solves this blocking the world issue. i understand some folks like that, some actually remove fast travel but for those implementing it having super large claim zone could be bad? with 2 claim types blocking roads not an issue, the KStatue one cant block a road and a temp claim can be destroyed off it...

i think the KStatue should have permanent PvP Prot Mod status but the other claim blocks and perhaps later joining members, or based on member rank - the outer perimeter claim blocks can be attacked.... its medieval after all, all building imho should be under the logic of defending from attack...

photo

Keen could change fast travel rules- make it so you can travel THROUGH someone's claim but you cannot stop inside their claim. If you don't have enough stamina/food to go completely through, you can't. Also I suppose you could make it stay the same (block all) for AT WAR houses.

photo
photo

Just to add to this idea the king statue should only be placeable once in my opinion per a faction and should have a unique symbol to represent your capital it should only be buildable with a group of 5 players or more this would really help factions a lot as one claim block instead of 20 is great even if the taxes are the same although i feel a tax reduction would also be good not only for the king statue but once a faction owns a king statue there taxes for all claims should be payable there

photo

1) The whole point of king statue is that there is no taxes. It draws barbarians and maybe other players because possibly lots of gold is needed to build it.

2) In singleplayer, you'd have to be able to build it yourself. This is why you have to be head of a house, so you can't just claim all the land with your friends and have 10 king statues. Nevertheless, it would be a good constraint that if a multiplayer world is detected, it checks to see if at least 5 people are in your house.

photo

These are all great ideas, I'm for it.

photo
photo

These are all great ideas, I'm for it.

photo

I love this idea.

Personally, I'm not a fan of part 7 or 8, though.

If you have people RPing different cultures, Vikings, or dwarves for example - these would have very different building styles from a typical European style build

Leave a Comment

Attach a file