windmill to Mechanical timber

Collin Barker shared this feedback 5 years ago
Submitted

Hello

In the video playing in the background of the main menu, it shows timbers being stuck onto the rotating bit of the mechanical blocks. I found out later (after trying to do so for about an hour) that this is not possible.

Driving other machines with the windmill would allow for much more interesting and complex designs to arise. Right now, people are relying on game bugs, or broken physics to make this happen (Clang/Klang engine), when it should be possible without looking like it is about to explode.

Please implement a method of attaching timbers/other small grid building parts to the shaft of the windmill parts

Replies (4)

photo

Request to merge reports:

https://support.keenswh.com/medievalengineers/topic/power-for-mechanics_1

-> Already has been reported.

The Keen developer team obviously is ignoring this, because it seems to be a lot of work for them and they're not sure, if they should do that until 0.7 or even do it at all.

I already made my Point clear in the linked topic and the linked forums thread.

@KeenDevTeam: This "bug" or "lack of feature" won't disappear.

photo

Hello

I don`t need a direct connection between timber and the mechanical blocks. A mechanical block that can be conectet with ropes would also work.

photo

I guess that's the same problem since rope drums can directly transform rope movement onto timbers.

So it's the same mechanical coupling… pretty much same problem for the ME devs.

photo

It seems like it has stabilized, a large block that operates with the timber attachment as the modded steam engine that has its other side connect to the fake mechanics of the windmill would work though

Leave a Comment

Attach a file