Microfreezes and frame slowdowns

The Dusty Shredder shared this bug 51 days ago
Not a Bug

I downloaded SE on my pc through gamepass, and am experiencing frame slowdowns leading ultimately to microfreezes. My pc has an i5-11260, RTX 3050ti, and 32gb ram. I run medium graphics with no extremes. The game runs fine for about 10 minutes before I start encountering this issue. I've asked about it in multiple places and nothing anyone was able to suggest was able to resolve the issue. My discreet GPU is selected both in game and in my system settings as the default.

Replies (7)

photo

Oh, and all other games I play are able to run fine for extended periods even at higher temperatures, so I don't know why this game in particular is having this issue.

photo

Hello Engineer,

We're sorry to hear you're experiencing issues.

Could you please tell us if you're experiencing this issue in any mode of play, such as Single Player, Lobby and on Dedicated Servers?

Could you please attach a world save with the issue present?

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

I haven't yet played online at all and it's in all of my single player saves. I can temporarily resolve the issue by exiting the world and going back in, but it only lasts about 10-20 minutes or until I place 5-7 blocks of any size. Sometimes, not often, I can place more than this before the issue starts.

If it matters, I am playing it with no mods or DLCs. I'm about to install it on steam to see if I have the same issues, but that has to wait for a few days.

photo

No issues on Steam, only on Gamepass

photo

Hello Engineer,

Thank you for letting us know. As step 1, let's verify installation via the Xbox app. To do so please follow these steps:

• Open the Xbox app
  • Select Space Engineers
  • Press the three dots button
  • Select Manage
  • Select the Files tab
  • Press Verify and Repair

Please let us know if this helps.

Kind regards,

photo

I've already done that like 5 times, it's always the first step I take cause it ain't the first time a game has had issues, but it is the first time the issue has persisted after the fact.

photo

Hello Engineer,

In that case let's try reinstalling.

Kind regards,

photo

Already did. Let's move on to some more advanced solutions, yeah? I've verified, reinstalled, rebooted, reinstalled drivers, reinstalled the xbox app, and since it also happens on my xbox one and not just on my pc through gamepass, I even tried a factory reset on that. Oh, I also made sure my gpu wasn't throttling. It appears to me to be some sort of video memory leak exclusive to the windows/xbox version because it runs completely fine through steam. Again, none of my other games do this even on high graphics settings on either xbox or pc, it is exclusive to the windows/xbox version of space engineers.

photo

Hello Engineer,

Let's try submitting logs from the console as well. Please use one of the new game Custom Worlds for this process.

To send logs, you can follow those steps:

1. Reproduce the issue
  2. Press Y on gamepad or F1 on keyboard in the Main Menu or Pause Menu to open Help screen
  3. Open section Report issue
  4. Fill up email address (required) and description (optional)
  5. Press ‘Send report’ to send it
  6. Update this thread with details filled in the report for us to be able to identify it. Please don't forget this step as we cannot find your logs without it.

Kind Regards,

photo
photo

Hello Engineer,

As there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Leave a Comment

Attach a file