This object is in archive! 

Painted blocks created Lag

Russell caspary shared this bug 4 years ago
Won't Fix

Playing on my friends world where alot was removed to help remove lag (removed earth and mars. Moon made smaller.) We built a base and proceded to paint it. It started to get really laggy and would not go away until base was back to preset color. We were not 100% sure till we built a ship off of the .io built by someone else. As we built it using a projector the game progressively had more lag. The ship had a custom rustic paint job and because it wasnt our original creation we could not repaint it. We had it connected to a connector on a base and decided to scrap it back for the materials. We proceeded to grind it down before disconnecting it from the base and when we removed the cockpit the lag got many times worse. Prettymuch unplayeble to the point even going through the menu to delete the ship was a challenge. All lag was 100% gone after removal of painted ship from the workshop. I dont remember the ship name but it was the only welder/grinder ship on the workshop for us to download. It had the industrial cockpit but we replaced that with the normal once everything else was built off the projector. Hopfully this all helps with your testing into the issue.

Replies (7)

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Could you please upload this world to workshop and provide it to us for better reproducetion?

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Ok i will do what i can. Is there a tutorial on how to do that. Still havnt been able to figure out how to save ship designs or anything like that for the store.

photo

Go to Load Game screen and publish the world we are talking about. Then just send the link for Mod.IO page here or at least the name of the world :)

photo

Ok i got the world loaded up in mod.io. we ended up moving to an asteroid but the moon base where we were is still completly intact. Its NOT the starter moon base we built our own. 

https://spaceengineers.mod.io/moon-base-2020-03-07-0327

The ship that we used was Eitri Construction and Salvage vessel on the mod.io.

That ship was connected to the platform with the solar wall and large containers

On Tue, Mar 10, 2020, 06:54 <support@keenswh.com> wrote:

photo

The first lag/frame rate drop we experienced was by painting the whole base black and all the turrets red. The second and bad issue was with that ship

On Wed, Mar 11, 2020, 04:15 Russell Caspary <russellcaspary@gmail.com> wrote:

Ok i got the world loaded up in mod.io. we ended up moving to an asteroid but the moon base where we were is still completly intact. Its NOT the starter moon base we built our own. 

https://spaceengineers.mod.io/moon-base-2020-03-07-0327

The ship that we used was Eitri Construction and Salvage vessel on the mod.io.

That ship was connected to the platform with the solar wall and large containers

On Tue, Mar 10, 2020, 06:54 <support@keenswh.com> wrote:

photo

Hello,

I apologize for such a late reply, but is this issue still happening? i tried to reproduce it with the attached world and also the blueprint and and sim speed was at 1 with 30 fps (I tested it on Xbox One S).

Thank you!

photo

Honostly i dont know. This was an issue during the beta on the xbox. I havnt played in awile and when i did i just avoided painting anything lol

photo

I have noticed that a block painted more than once when leaving render distance with show old paint, It's possible some code of the old paint is still remembered by grid or block. If possible KSWH when a player is re-painting set paint ID to default then change color ID to remove overlapping ID's Alternatively give players a paint remove option to fix this.

photo

I just remember playing with my buddy on the moon in the beta. We built a base with turrets in the standard grey color. We then painted the base black and the turrets red and that caused major lag for both of us. Restarting didnt help and so we just painted the base grey again and it went away

photo

Anyone having the same issue? I am still not able to reproduce it.

Thanks!

Thank you.

Kind Regards

photo

Hello Engineer,

Since there are no new comments in this topic and we are still not able to reproduce it, we are closing this thread as outdated.

In case anyone is encountering the same or similar bug, which is not already posted in a different thread, please feel free to create a new thread with all relevant information.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Replies have been locked on this page!