Water on planets
What would happen if ice lakes were made of water?
- Splashing down at higher speeds would be far less destructive
- Ships would need to be buoyant... gyros, reactors and blast doors would submerge, while light armor blocks and airtight areas wouldn't
- Airtightness... would water in the lakes be displaced if a big ship lands?
- Mining... with an intake instead of a drill, and the water surface level per lake would change slowly
- Water and ice could be the same material... maybe even convert in one another inside a container if you let your ship cool down, go into space or land in a desert during summer.