Random, lengthy freezes

Dudeisthedog shared this bug 4 years ago
Outdated

While playing the game, doing random things, the game freezes for a lengthy period of time, ranging from 2-10 minutes. I can move the cursor, but nothing responds to it and all motion of any kind stops. The game goes back to normal after the time stated earlier, and the issue occurs at a random time after 10-ish minutes or so. Besides this, there is basically no lag when playing or any limitations. I've turned off autosave so that wasn't it, I have 8gb of RAM so that shouldn't be an issue (and I've checked; no spikes in ram usage when the freeze occurs) and my drivers are up to date. I really enjoy this game, and after uninstalling and reinstalling a few times the freezing stops for around 3 hours and it is enjoyable. The game files have been verified, I've tried getting out of fullscreen, etc and nothing seems to work. My best option at this point is to uninstall and reinstall every time I want to play. For more specifics: I have a AMD RX 580 GPU, AMD FX 6300 CPU, and 8 GB of RAM. I also have overlays and antiviruses off. This has been occurring on every world I've played on and I run without mods or scripts. My world isn't that complex either, as I have only just started with 30 hours. I read the game log, as advised by Dan2D3D, and see something along the lines of "Could not spawn event. Try 1 of 3" repeated multiple times just before I quit the game, so this may be it. I'll post the log below of my world, though I have attempted to play since I saw that repeated thing in the log. It now only says it once, so it may not be the issue. Who knows.

Replies (4)

photo

New info: it's been happening less, but it still does happen. I've changed nothing. Every time it does freeze though, I check the logs. Without fail, this is shown the moment I freeze: STATISTICS LEGEND,time,ReceivedPerSecond,SentPerSecond,PeakReceivedPerSecond,PeakSentPerSecond,OverallReceived,OverallSent,CPULoadSmooth,ThreadLoadSmooth,GetOnlinePlayerCount,Ping,GCMemory,ProcessMemory,PCUBuilt,PCU,GridsCount,RenderCPULoadSmooth,RenderGPULoadSmooth,HardwareCPULoad,HardwareAvailableMemory,FrameTime

2019-10-19 11:29:36.593 - Thread: 1 -> STATISTICS,540.15,0,0,0,0,0,0,15.84069,63.9857,1,0,2824.419,4847.555,7345,92655,5,63.49612,71.18919,31.27762,1399,8.33313

I don't know if this helps.

photo

Either there is this, or it says GC MEMORY: with a number ranging from 2-4 gigs

photo

I have the same problem, with my Notebook. My game crashes at a random time even in the main menue. I reinstall the game more than 10 times now. I tried to play with and without mods. But on my old Rig it seems to be stable an i can play on it for hours, but with poor performance. My Log is attached.

My new Specs:

Intel I7-8565U

Intel HD 620 + MX150

16gb RAM

WDC PC SN520 512gb SSD

My old Rig:

AMD FX-4300 @ 4.2ghz

MSI GTX730 4gb

8gb RAM

2TB-HDD

photo
photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for your feedback! Your topic has been added between considered issues.

Please keep voting for the issue as it will help us to identify the most serious bugs.

We really appreciate your patience.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

New update: after going AFK for enough time for my PC to go to sleep, it starts freezing when I come back. Have confirmed with a friend on a server. For him, when I freeze, it says "connection error." Basically, as soon as I move my mouse or wake my pc in any way, it freezes.

photo

WHEN DO YOU PLAN TO FIX THESE ISSUES?

photo
photo

Update: I recently got back into the game after updating my pc with 16 gigs of ddr4 ram and a new cpu, now it runs like a breeze. I think it was a ram issue but I still had the minimum ram when the issues were occurring, so it should still be investigated either way.

photo

I have 16 gigs of ram. worked just fine. until it didn't, this bug came out of nowhere and now I cant play this game when it freezes for up to an hour or more!

photo
photo

I've been having the same problem. The game randomly freezes for about 5-10 minutes every few minutes, and I have a new PC with a AMD 3950x, 32g of RAM, and a 2080 super. It even dose this in the mane in the startup screen when the engineers are rearing your logo-go. I love this game and I've almost longed 3000 hours in it. Hope you guys can get this bug fixed soon so I can play a thousand more.

photo

I have an AMD Ryzen 9 3950x with the same problems. Keen needs to fix this fucking shit, my laptop should not be running this game better than my several thousand dollar rig. FUCK

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file