Space Engineers frequently crashes or freezes. Black screem robotic sound

Wagner Cristiano dos Santos shared this bug 25 hours ago
Submitted

Hello,

I am experiencing serious stability problems specifically with Space Engineers.

My system:

  • CPU: Intel Core i5-8000 series
  • GPU: NVIDIA RTX 2060
  • RAM: 32 GB
  • Operating System: Windows 11
  • NVIDIA driver: latest official Game Ready driver

The main problems are:

  • Space Engineers frequently crashes or freezes. Black screem robotic sound
  • Sometimes the screen goes completely black.
  • When the problem occurs, the audio can become highly distorted and robotic.
  • After this happens, I often have to completely shut down and restart the computer before the audio returns to normal.
  • The problem can occur during normal gameplay and does not appear to be related to the game running for a long period.

I have already updated to the latest official NVIDIA Game Ready driver, but the problem continues.

What makes this particularly strange is that Space Engineers appears to be the main game affected. I can play Space Jump, Valheim, and dozens of other games normally, including for several hours, without experiencing crashes, black screens, or robotic audio.

This makes me suspect there may be a compatibility or stability issue specifically involving Space Engineers, its graphics/DirectX implementation, or another interaction with the NVIDIA driver.

Could you please help me determine what is causing these crashes and black-screen issues and recommend a solution?

If you need crash logs, diagnostic files, or specific system information, please let me know where I can find them and I will provide them.

Thank you.

Replies (2)

photo
0

Hello!

Thank you for contacting us. Since this is a bug report, I'm moving your ticket to our support page, where our QA team will take care of you.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House

photo
1

I used ChatGPT to help me prepare and translate this report into English. The technical details are based on my own observations and Windows error reports.

Title: Repeated black screen a few minutes after launching Space Engineers – RTX 2060 / Windows 11 / NVIDIA driver 617.42

Hello Keen Software House Support Team,

I am reporting a recurring black-screen issue when playing Space Engineers.

PC specifications:

  • Operating system: Windows 11 64-bit
  • CPU: Intel Core i5-8500 (6 cores, 3.0 GHz)
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6 GB VRAM)
  • RAM: 32 GB (2 x 16 GB modules from different brands)
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte H310M H
  • Storage: SSD
  • NVIDIA graphics driver: 617.42, installed through the NVIDIA App

Problem description:

The problem occurs within a few minutes of entering Space Engineers. The screen suddenly turns completely black, and the audio becomes distorted and robotic.

Pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del does not restore the visible display. On previous occasions, I had to turn off the PC using the power supply switch before I could use it normally again.

This issue has occurred repeatedly while playing Space Engineers.

Windows error report:

  • Faulting application: SpaceEngineers.exe
  • Faulting module: nvwgf2umx.dll
  • Faulting module version: 32.0.16.1742
  • Exception code: 0xc0000005

Unfortunately, the original game logs are no longer available, and I do not want to reproduce the crash just to collect them until I can perform further checks.

Comparison with another game:

I recently played Jump Space at maximum resolution and graphics quality, at 75 Hz. The RTX 2060 reached approximately 99% GPU utilization and 72°C without any black screen or audio issue during that session.

I understand that this does not rule out a hardware or graphics-driver problem, but I wanted to provide this observation for comparison.

Could you please advise whether this issue is known and what additional diagnostic information you would recommend?

Thank you for your assistance.

Leave a Comment
 
Attach a file