Help with constant crashes/freezes

John Martin shared this bug 24 hours ago
Submitted

Hi Keen. Looking for some tech help. I'm getting constant freezes and crashes in SE1. I'll explain below and I've attached a few log files. If you need another file, just let me know. This is my second time playing, after a long hiatus, but I've got almost 500 hours in game. Never had these types of persistent issues before, but they've been occurring since I reinstalled about a month ago or so.


Thanks in advance,


- John (steam userid: M0DZER0)


(Note: I'm resubmitting this ticket, since I closed my original one from yesterday by accident, because I'm an idiot. You can ignore the other one. Apologies for the double-tap.)


What's Happening?


- (a) Freezes while it's loading a save from the main menu, while the progress percentage grows. Not at the same percentage every time. Sometimes it crashes to desktop, sometimes it just freezes and I have to force-close it, and far less often, it crashes Windows.


- (b) Crashes/Freezes during gameplay. Seems random. I can't replicate it and it doesn't happen in the same place every time. It's not related to any particular action I'm taking. Sometimes I'm just standing in the base or flying. Although, now that I think about it, it does usually crash/freeze while I'm moving.


- (c) Frame drops. Also seems random. Frames drop by about 50% or so (hard to say exactly). Makes it unplayable (I actually get a bit nauseous), so I quit and reload. Has happened just standing around and has happened moving around in a vehicle (e.g., when drilling).


Game Info and What I've Tried:


- I'm Playing on a single player world, on Mars. My base is not huge and I've only got 4 or 5 small grid vehicles, most of which remain powered down most of the time. Only a couple subgrids to speak of. Nothing crazy.


- Yes, I have some mods running, but nothing crazy, and all from the Steam Workshop. I've tried unloading some of them one by one, to no avail. I don't think mods are the issue (could be wrong though).


- I have one script running (AutoLCD by MMaster), but the crashes were happening even before I started using that.


- I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I've verified the integrity of game files multiple times. I've deleted the ShaderCache2 folder again and again. I've updated video drivers. I've turned off the Steam and NVidia overlays.


- I've got plenty of hard drive space.


- I don't have these issues with other games, even graphic-intensive ones.


Computer Specs:


OS: Microsoft Windows 11 Home, Version 10.0.26200


DirectX runtime version: DirectX 12


Driver: Game Ready Driver - 616.92 - Wed Sep 9, 2026


CPU: 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K


RAM: 32.0 GB


Storage: (1): SSD - 1.8 TB, (2) HDD - 1.8 TB


Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080


Total available graphics memory: 26514 MB


Shared system memory: 16274 MB


Dedicated video memory: 10240 MB GDDR6X


Video BIOS version: 94.02.71.40.66


Display: Dell AW3225QF


Resolution: 3840 x 2160


Refresh rate: 240 Hz


Desktop color depth: Highest (32-bit)


Attachments:


- 20261004_162232166.log is a log after a crash during gameplay. The 162237208 is the corresponding VRage log by timestamp.


- 20261004_201037852.log is log after a crash during load game screen. The 201038489 is the corresponding VRage log.


Let me know if you need something else, I'm happy to provide it if it helps.


Look forward to your reply. Email is best contact info for me, although I can't check it during the workday. But I'll check it before and after work.


Thanks in advance for your help!

Replies (1)

photo
0

Hello!

Thank you for contacting us. Since this is a bug report, I'm moving your ticket to our support page, where our QA team will take care of you.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House

Leave a Comment
 
Attach a file