Broken ladders resulting in glitched player state

Ripps shared this bug 3 months ago
Need More Information

When climbing ladders, after exiting while holding shift you enter the 'broken falling state'

Replies (5)

photo

Hello, Engineer,

thank you for reaching our forum with this problem.

However, I was not able to reproduce it on my side. Can you please provide me more information?

Are there any mods active on the affected world? Are you able to reproduce the same problem after following same steps, even on the world without any mods active? Can you please try?

If you are able to reproduce the problem on vanilla (no mods) world, can you please share me that save file?

You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.

Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

If there are any set steps needed to be taken in order to bug to start to happen, please write these down, so I can follow them.

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

just hold shift when you exit the ladder, (as if you are running) No mods are required for this

I should be able to reproduce this anywhere you like, new world, old world, modded world, moon, earth, mars whatever.

you just have to use the ladder block shown in my first video, but as per your request i will also upload showing the same thing done in a new world.

I do not feel it would benefit either of us for me to send you my world, just see for yourself in a fresh world by following these exact steps

1. Create a new world with creative rules
  2. Spawn on to a planet's surface (gravity is a factor here)
  3. add a "ladder shaft" to your world attached to the side of another block such that you have a surface to walk on after climbing the ladder.
  4. climb said ladder while holding the shift key and do not let go of the shift key

The way to trigger this is to preemptively hold shift and try to 'run' before you exit the ladder, and if you exit while holding shift this glitch where you float will happen, you will gain speed to about 10m/s and just glide forever in the direction you face. Sliding aliong voxels can lead to some funny stuff too.

In the interest of fairness and to answer your questions i have the following mods installed which i do not believe effect this

• Medieval Planet Complete
  • Planet Celaeno & Moon Scylla
  • New Spawn Pods + tools (Pack 2)
  • Edges Be Gone! {no armour edges}

As for google drive i prefer NOT to use googles services where i can and would like to continue using my own file sharing service thank you.

photo

Confirmed on one of Keen servers - looks more like graphical glitch. Just stops animation loop of character.

photo

Worse than just a grahical bug, it puts you in a broken state where you cant jump, or cancel forward movement.

The only option is to turn on your jetpack if allowed by the scenario or find something to fall off and hope the glitched state ends when you hit the floor at second time.

photo

Is there any update on this, I'm experiencing the same issue and it makes the game unplayable it happens that often.

Linked here: https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers/pc/topic/43063-ice-skating-when-exiting-cockpit

Leave a Comment

Attach a file