Friends are infinitely stuck on joining world when joining my world

Sebastian shared this bug 5 months ago
Need More Information

I am trying to start a new multiplayer survival world with my friends via the in game hosting options but whenever they go to join the can never get past the “joining world” screen no matter the amount of time we wait. I play the game modded and we tried to play Frostbite together and it worked fine even with mods loaded. From what I’ve seen from other people it could be to do with my planet mods but I really would like to avoid getting rid of them not to mention in the past I have been able to play with planet mods in multiplayer. Can anybody help me?

Replies (1)

photo

Hello, Sebastian,

thank you for reaching our forum with the problem that you are experiencing.

Can you please share me more information on the subject?

When you write "via the in game hosting option", you mean using the Lobby multiplayer mode, right? Not joining to any (community, official) servers, or running your own dedicated server?

The affected game, what settings does it have, please? Is it set to Private, Friends or Public?

Can you please share me logs from any affected game session? It would be good if you can share at least two logs – yours (the server), and the affected clients. You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

You are mentioning that you are using some mods. Are you experiencing the very same problem when trying to play on vanilla (no mods) world? Can you please try?

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Yes I mean the lobby multiplayer mode, the world is set to friends with a max of 8 players. We can play together just fine in vanilla and even in some modded worlds. I don't know the difference between the VRage logs and the Space Engineers logs so I grabbed both.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file