Game keeps crashing with "GPU overheated" error

Ian Thust shared this bug 37 days ago
Won't Fix

The game keeps crashing between every 5 to 30min and it always gives me the same error message saying that my GPU driver may have crashed or that my GPU overheated. I recently updated my GPU drivers but the issue was already present before that and I highly doubt that my GPU overheated because it struggles to get over 65°C while playing SE. What seems very odd to me is that the game ran flawlessly on my old Nvidia GTX 780 Ti (I now have a 980 Ti) and every time SE crashes it closes another programm like Discord or Steam and when looking at the task manager I noticed that CPU and GPU usage spiked the ssecond the game crashes. While (trying) to play SE my CPU and GPU usage stays around 50-60% before the crash.

MY PC specs are:

IntelCore i7-4770K @ 3.50GHz

Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti

16GB RAM

HDD harddrive

Windows 10 64-bit

I use mods in my current save where I first encountered the problem but I already tested it without mods and it still keeps crashing but I'm still gonna provide a mod list:

Autofill Bottles

Gravel Shifter

Hostile Takeover

Imber Corporation (Formerly Air Traffic)

INFINITE SPEED MOD

Modular Encounters Systems

Nanobot Build and Repair System

NorthWind Weapons

Ore Detector+

Parallax Concepts

Pravda Heavy Industries

Suppress Vanilla Cargo Ships

Suppress Vanilla Encounters

WeaponCore - 2.4

WeaponCore - Replace Vanilla Weapons

[EEM] Exploration Enhancement Mod

Defense Shields - v2.2(8)

Camera Panning - rotate camera view (+reset 1st person character view)

In Depth LCDs

Leak Finder

I attached the player and render logs from the last time I played and crashed.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Ian!

Thank you for writing to us, and we sincerely apologize for the issue you have been experiencing.

Could you kindly send us the log when the game crashed while you were in the vanilla world (without any active MODs/Scripts)? It will help us to be certain, that the issue didn't occur because of any MODs or Scripts active in the world. Also, it is important to note here that we don't and can't provide support for MODs/Scripts as there are plenty of them out there, and it's the responsibility of the MOD/Script creators to keep them compatible with the game's latest version.

So, please start a fresh/new vanilla world and send us the log from the time the game crashed.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file