Game keeps crashing on launch.

lucas williams shared this bug 2 months ago
Need More Information

No matter what I do I can not get the game to launch. I have powered off and restarted my computer. I made sure it doesn't need any updates. I deleted the shade cache file and I verified my files several times. I also got deleted of all my mods and then uninstalled and reinstalled my game. I can't find anyone else that has had the same problems as me.

Replies (6)

photo

So I did some more testing and it only crashes when I play on the latest update. When i go back to a previous edition it works perfectly.

photo

Hello!

Thank you for contacting us. Since this is a bug report, I'm moving your ticket to our support page, where our QA team will take care of you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House

photo

Hello, lucas,

thank you for reaching our forum with this problem that you are experiencing.

Can you please specify more what exactly is happening?

According to log, the game is actually launching (or at least trying to). So when exactly does the game crash for you, please?

Is it when launching directly from Steam (and the game won't open at all), or it launches and crashes after? If after, when – is it still before the intro starts, or when it is finished and you are loaded into the Main menu? Or when trying to load/start any of the worlds?

Please confirm that you did all the steps lister here in this list:

• Verify your game files in Steam – right-click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Installed Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files
  • Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file (it means your game configuration will be deleted) – you can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.
  • Delete ShaderCache folder – same access as above
  • Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

If you did all of these, and you are still experiencing this problem, please send me new set of logs captured after these steps were taken.

If you are/were using mods, I would recommend performing the clean reinstall of the game, meaning that after the initial uninstall through the Steam, you would want to check in both folders (Roaming and also the one created from Steam (\Steam\steamapps\common\SpaceEngineers)) that there are any leftover files/folder. If there are any, please delete these manually before trying to reinstall the game.

Since you are mentioning that it started happening after the current update, can you please specify this as well? Was it broken for you all the time on the v203 version, while working fine on v202. Or your game was working fine on v203 as well, before the minor update (the version number is still the same).

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

I have tried all of that but nothing seems to work. It does work in v202 but when ever I go back to v203 it crashes. the game crashes before I load in to the game. i get the screen that shows the red ships on it and then it wil just crash.

photo
photo

updating my graphics drivers and updating my operating system managed to fix it.

photo

It stopped working again. I tried some of the other stuff but nothing seems to work anymore. It crashes before I make it to the intro. It shows the little screen with the red ships on it and then it crashes.

photo

I am having the same issue iv done all the steps that have been listed above but my game still keeps crashing when i try loading into my worlds. My game gets to 91% then crashes i honestly don't know what else to do ???

Leave a Comment

Attach a file