AI Recorder - Waypoints inconsistent with HUD, incorrect waypoint recording

Michal Vodicka shared this bug 2 months ago
Reported

Hello, I would like to sum few bugs that I have find with AI Recorder.

Waypoint numbering inconsistent with HUD

During recording, waypoints numbering starts with Waypoint 1. But when you use HUD to view path, point numbers starts with 0. (Waypoint 1 is matching point 0)

Waypoint deletion inconsistent with HUD

Best to use an example. You have Waypoints 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. HUD would show you path with points 0, 1, 2, 3, 4.

If you delete Waypoint 3, you will have Waypoints 1, 2, 4, 5. But HUD would show you path with points 0, 1, 2, 3. HUD path will be reindexed, Waypoints will not. That will make it very hard to delete other Waypoints.

Incorrect waypoint recording

Waypoints are recorded before the ship stops. This can be easily tested, try to record path in a right angle -> first fly up, wait till ship stops, then fly forward. This leads to problem where recorded path isnt precise.

This might seem like a little problem, but! In engineering precision is very important. Many great inventions in the game such as 3D printers, ship parking, flying in tight space and mining require precise movement.

In general I belive you want to record a new point when:

1. grid speeds becomes 0,

2. grid changes direction of movement

Replies (1)

photo

Hello, Michal!

Thank you for letting us know about these issues.

Concerning the Waypoint numbering inconsistent with the HUD issue, we are aware of this, and it has been already reported internally here following another player's report.

Additionally, we have successfully reproduced issues related to Waypoint deletion being inconsistent with HUD and Incorrect waypoint recording, on our side and have reported them to our internal system.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file