Missing toolbar actions after welding projection in survival

tiy shared this bug 2 months ago
Need More Information

Hi, I don't have much to say here, basically title describes my whole issue.

But... Longer description:

I built ship in creative, with some functions, in timer blocks, event controllers, etc. (airlocks, etc.) and after building it in survival from projection, almost every actions in toolbars are missing. (toolbars in timer blocks, event controllers, buttons, flight seat...)

Actions that are not missing:

Timer Blocks, Event Controllers, Groups

Actions that are missing:

Blocks (doors, refinery, assembler, etc.) - single blocks

I thought this is know issue, however this is actually first time I brought my creation from creative to survival and actually noticed it, as many of the ships functions wouldn't work. While I could rebind all actions as this wouldn't be an issue for me, it would be for others, if I wanted to upload my creation on workshop and someone else would want to build it in survival.

Same thing is happening (not only to me, to be clear) on cockpits for example, on small ships after rebuilding it from the projection.

While I found some discussions regarding this issue, it is either old, or without further response from uploader.

Also, attaching my save, with projection loaded in a projector.

Replies (3)

photo

Well... I think I already figured out why it is happening, and why in one older discussion, you couldn't reproduce this bug.

https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers/pc/topic/25466-vehicle-toolbar-icons-missing-after-welding-projection

So...

In my save, I kept turning on and off projector, so I can see unbuilt blocks better. Which I believe created this issue.

From what I understand, everytime I turn on the projector, projection gets new number ID. To better explain what I mean:

I load projection into projector - projection number 1

I turn off and on projector - projection number 2

I tested this by building flight seat and 2 connectors. I built flight seat and connector 1 right after loading blueprint into projector, then I turned projector off and on and built connector 2. In the result connector 2 wasn't in the toolbar.

photo

Hello, tiy!

Thank you for writing to us and sharing the world save file.

It seems the issue may be occurring because of MODs active in the world save. Could you try blueprinting the grid via projection on a new vanilla (no active MODs/Script) world to check if the issue still persists there as well?

If it does, please send us a screen recording/video showing the issue, the new vanilla world save file, and the log file from the time the issue occurred.

• You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hi, sorry this too so long, didn't notice your response.

https://youtu.be/NM-tJmLSdB0

Short description to this:

I build projector, spawned projection. Then, I constructed airlock and 5 blocks - 3 timer block, 2 event controllers that control the airlock. Everything works.

Then, I remove those 5 control blocks, turn projector off and on - result is, I can't use button panel anymore, as timer block, that starts it, isn't there anymore, or... It is there, but the block that is in the button panel, isn't tied to the block that is constructed.

Also attaching world save and log files - 2 of them, not sure which one you need.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file