Character Bouncing on Grids built in Voxels

Eric shared this bug 2 months ago
Won't Fix

We have been playing on an Earth Like planet and have had a significant issue with character constantly bouncing on grids built into the voxels.

We are playing a dedicated server with GTX and they indicated it is not a server issue.

After a bit of investigation, I believe I have discovered the culprit of the relentless character bounce on built grids.

This seems to be something that only happens on a station, not on a ship, and does not happen on voxels themselves.

I think the cause is the first block of the grid of our base placed into the voxels was placed with "Free placement mode" rather than "Gravity-Align placement."

So as you get further from the first blocks placed, the grid becomes less gravity aligned and the bouncing gets ridiculous.

I think I discovered this when pistons were not aligning properly and couldn't find a solution anywhere in any discussions. Thought the pistons operated normally, they were completely un aligned visually.

When on an un-connected large grid rover there is no bouncing character. The instant the rover is connected to the "Free placement" grid, the bouncing affects walking on the rover. Disconnect, no problem, no bounce.

I laid out intentionally a separate "Gravity-Aligned placement" grid for our large launch ship. The gravity aligned grid dwarfs our original "Free placement" base and there is no bounce at all on the gravity aligned build.

So the issue seems to be the game is trying to put the character where it thinks the proper gravity should put the character but is continuously "falling" a short distance do give a bouncing character perspective. I noticed with a vertical piston at this end of the base, the head of the piston appeared detached and floating, the the piston kept extending a short amount to meet the piston head, but then lowers into place constantly... essentially even the piston was "bouncing".

I've tried a few other things to confirm, but figured I would leave this to the devs.

Are you aware of any fix for this without rebuilding the entire "free placement" grid.

Sorry for the long explanation, thought it might be useful.

Eric

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Eric!

Thank you for writing to us, and we sincerely apologize for the issue you have been experiencing.

After reviewing the logs you provided, it appears that there were several active MODs in the world where you experienced the issue. Could you please try to remove all MODs from the world/server or either create a new fresh world/server and paste the affected grid on this vanilla (no active MODs) world/server? Please check if the issue persists there.

Additionally, we've noticed similarities with a reported issue in another thread, here. Could you please check if this aligns with the issue you've encountered?

If the issue persists on the vanilla world/server or if it's different from the one mentioned above, could you please provide us with a screen recording/video showing the issue, along with the world save file and log file from the time when the issue occurred?

Kind regards,

Keen Software House QA Department

photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file