Crashing Randomly

BASEguy shared this bug 2 months ago
Need More Information

Hello,

My game keeps crashing at random times. No real time frame. Might be 30 minutes, or it might be an hour. I've uninstalled and reinstalled everything. I've updated everything. I've verified everything. I've tried with and without mods. I've run out of ideas.

I've attached the most recent log.

Please help.

Thank you!

Replies (5)

photo

Hello, BASEguy,

thank you for reaching our forum with this problem that you are experiencing.

Sadly, there is no error/exception in the log that would point me to some specific problem.

Can you please try all our general workarounds? These solve most of the issues for most of the players. I know you wrote you did some of these, but please do them once again just so we have the base line for next steps. These are:

• Verify your game files in Steam – right-click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Installed Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files
  • Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file (it means your game configuration will be deleted) – you can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.
  • Delete ShaderCache folder – same access as above
  • Back up (so you won't lose your saves, blueprints etc.) your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game – please make sure that you perform the clean reinstalling of the game. After uninstalling through Steam, check both folders with the game (the Roaming one and the one in Steam as well) and make sure that after uninstalling, there is nothing left. If yes, delete the leftovers (again, you probably want to move you saves, blueprints etc.). Restart your PC and try to install the game anew.
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

If nothing from above would work, can you please provide me more information?

Since you say that the game crash randomly, do I understand it correctly that there are no set of steps to reproduce this (manipulating with some grid/block, using any dynamic grid (ship, rover...))?

Next time the game would crash on you, please share me the most current log file from the game, so we are sure that it is indeed from the crashed session. You can tell by the numbers that goes like this: SpaceEngineers_(date)_(time).

Also please provide me a log from Windows Event Viewer, since there is no meaningful error/exception in the current game log.

You can find full "how to" here:

https://www.spaceengineersgame.com/troubleshooting/game-will-not-start-issues/

in section "Problem: When the game does not start and does not produce any log file."

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Thank you, Ondrej.

Unfortunately, there's no real indicator or trigger for the crashes. Sometimes I'm welding and sometimes I'm in a ship. Just happens randomly.

I'll try everything you listed and let you know if I get another crash report.

Thanks again!

photo

Hi Ondrej,

I've attached the error log provided by the Space Engineers error/crash screen. This just happened.

I checked my Windows Event Viewer, and there were no red icons that indicated a crash.

I performed the steps you noted above, and confirmed all drivers are up to date.

Thank you!

photo

Hi again,

I was playing again today and it crashed again. This time I didn't even get the Space Engineers error window and no error log. But, I did look in my Windows Event Viewer and found this:

EventData

AppName SpaceEngineers.exe

AppVersion 1.0.0.0

AppTimeStamp d547b55c

ModuleName nvwgf2umx.dll

ModuleVersion 31.0.15.5123

ModuleTimeStamp 65a8c1fe

ExceptionCode c0000005

FaultingOffset 00000000001fe6cd

ProcessId 0x41a8

ProcessCreationTime 0x1da5929bb7580e1

AppPath C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SpaceEngineers\Bin64\SpaceEngineers.exe

ModulePath C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_2fe7c165c5dd3267\nvwgf2umx.dll

IntegratorReportId 7151fc51-aadc-460b-91c2-aad46dff1724

PackageFullName

PackageRelativeAppId

Faulting application name: SpaceEngineers.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0xd547b55c

Faulting module name: nvwgf2umx.dll, version: 31.0.15.5123, time stamp: 0x65a8c1fe

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00000000001fe6cd

Faulting process id: 0x0x41A8

Faulting application start time: 0x0x1DA5929BB7580E1

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SpaceEngineers\Bin64\SpaceEngineers.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_2fe7c165c5dd3267\nvwgf2umx.dll

Report Id: 7151fc51-aadc-460b-91c2-aad46dff1724

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Application: SpaceEngineers.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 00007FFAB2D1E6CD

photo

Hello,

I received a different looking crash report. Please see attached.

Thank you.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file