Issues with combat drone

Mattia Boldrini shared this bug 3 months ago
Need More Information

I have two issues with a space based patrol drone that I've built.

The drone is supposed to leave the hangar, wonder around the space station, engage the occasional hostile and re-dock in the hangar if the either batteries or the ammunition count are below a certain threshold.

The issues are:

- there is something wrong with the event controllers sending the drone back. They are supposed to trigger a timer that turns off AI on the Basic AI and the Combat AI blocks, and send "play" to the recorder block with the path to enter the hangar. This timer block works by itself, triggering it manually correctly sends the drone back, although sometimes it needs to be triggered twice. I suspect the impossibility of setting Play On and Play Off separately in the recorder block might be the issue.

- if the drone engages a target, more than half of the times it keeps shooting after the target is destroyed, spraying ammunition in any direction it happens to face while wondering around the home GPS.

This is the drone I have these issues with:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3149916564

Replies (3)

photo

Hello, Mattia!

Thank you for writing to us and we sincerely apologize for the issue you have been experiencing.

Regarding the issue where the drone keeps on firing when the target is destroyed, we are aware of it and have already reported it internally here; https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers/pc/topic/41837-regression-in-ai-offensive-block

Regarding the other issue, could you please share the world save file with us so that we can replicate the issue with the drone? Also, kindly send us a screen recording/video showing the issue as it occurred on your end.

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a Google Drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Good evening,

sorry for the late response, I went back to my hometown for the week end without my computer.

This is the link to a google drive folder with a recording of the bug and the save file of the world:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/17X05iqejDr15LEHe1jtTsV3gPLi9UEZz

I installed a few mods in this save file, which I then removed before taking this recording, but the issue existed before that. The mods were "Modular Encounters" with a few encounter plug ins, and "smarter event controller" (Steam Workshop::Logic Pain - Smart(er) Event Controller), which I tried to test whether the issue was with the monitoring of many different blocks at the same time. It didn't solve the issue.

Steam Workshop::Logic Pain - Smart(er) Event Controller

In the recording, I don't understand why the even controller states that the output is Action Slot 1 even while the condition is false. This is not even true, since Action Slot 1 should trigger the timer to return, and that is not happening.

As you can see, once the batteries fall below the threshold (with and without the AND gate enabled), the drone just stops, with no task block active. I also show that the timer block functions as expected once triggered manually.

Noticeably, the second event controller, which monitors the cargo % of the weapons, appears to be working fine. I might be doing something wrong here, but I don't see what.

Thank you for your help,

Mattia

Il venerdì 2 febbraio 2024 alle ore 13:37:00 CET, support@keenswh.com <support@keenswh.com> ha scritto:

photo

Is there any updates on this?

Leave a Comment

Attach a file