Kick from locally hosted Game

maikel van lent shared this bug 3 months ago
Need More Information

If I understand it correctly,

If I go to New game > Custom game, make a game that has the online setting: friends.

My game should be both client and server for myself and only client for my friends.

If that is correct, What I then have trouble with is, I get disconnencted for the game my Client is also the server for. Which should be normally be impossible considering both instances are running on the same machine with the same IP. If it is a crash because of an ingame action/mod. Please tell me in the error message that world I was in Crashed, Instead of "Unexpected error occurred while joining the session. Please, try again later". which should not apply.

I have attached a log were the game was unloaded due to "Unexpected error occurred while joining the session. Please, try again later'. can you please tell me what line I need to look at for a potential fix.

Replies (1)

photo

Hello, maikel!

Thank you for writing to us and we sincerely apologize for the issue you have been experiencing.

In Private/Friends/Public Online Mode (Lobby Type), you act as the 'host'/admin of this Lobby and your friends are 'clients'. As a 'host' you can choose who can join, increase number of allowed players, Invite Players,view joined Players Info, choose Permissions (Promote/Demote Players), Trade or Uninvite Players (Kick/Ban).

If the game crashes at your/host's end, the game cannot be reached by other players/clients as well. Also, the game's performance strongly depends on the host's performance and internet bandwidth.

While checking the shared log, we noticed there were plenty of MODs and Scripts were active in the game and there were quite a lot MOD related errors (that may have been occurred because of either the MODs/Scripts were broken or corrupted), that might have also be the reason of the 'Unexpected error'.

We recommend to kindly review all the MODs & Scripts active in the game (by going to their workshop page and read its description and other players review). Remove broken/corrupted MODs and Scripts (please also note that we don't and can't support MODs as it is the responsibility of the MOD creator to keep their MODs updated and compatible with the game's latest version). Also disable any 3rd party application or VPN that can also cause similar issues.

Once done, launch the game/lobby again and see if the issue persists. If the issue still occurs, create a new vanilla (with no active MODs/Scripts) world in Lobby mode and see if the issue still occurs. If so, send us the latest log file.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Thank you for the reply.

"In Private/Friends/Public Online Mode (Lobby Type), you act as the 'host'/admin of this Lobby and your friends are 'clients'. As a 'host' you can choose who can join, increase number of allowed players, Invite Players,view joined Players Info, choose Permissions (Promote/Demote Players), Trade or Uninvite Players (Kick/Ban).

If the game crashes at your/host's end, the game cannot be reached by other players/clients as well. Also, the game's performance strongly depends on the host's performance and internet bandwidth."

This is understandable.

That I have mods that may or may not cause crashes is also understandable.

What I don't get is: how can I as a "host" get the following error. "Unexpected error occurred while joining the session. Please, try again later".

That would me I can't connect to the session I Myself am hosting locally, does that make any sense?

photo

For clarification

I am playing for roughly 45 min to an 1 hour in a Friends only session I myself am hosting and then I get the "Unexpected error occurred while joining the session. Please, try again later".

As far as I know, I am not trying to Join a session. I am allready in 1 for at least 30 min.

Nor is the session hosted on another device which I may loose connection with.

Unless you're willing to tell me My device can loose connection with itself,

photo

First of all i dont apreciate "maikel van lent" using same picture as i.

Second i had the same happen a week ago. I hosted a frind creative world where faction members and i compared ships and trained PVP.

After they left i continued working on the ship, and a while later i was kicked out. I raged and went to sleep.

The next day i discovered i have actualy lost a lot of work too, so not only did i get kicked, i did not have saves either.

photo

For Additional information.

While running the same save in offline there are no issues regarding CTD's or lighter error's that throw me out of the session. I have checks the log files and the same "Mod Errors still happen", even if 4 hours have past sinds the error has accured.

So unless the game is a lot more picky in regard to inconsequential errors when it is trying to at as a host. The mods are not the problem.

On that topic.

All mod's I am using are checked for multiplayer compatibility, and none of them are incompatible.However. even if that was the problem. that does not explain the following error message if you are the Host."Unexpected error occurred while joining the session. Please, try again later".

That error might make sense if your trying to load the Friends save file as host.However that error message should not be able to accure to the host if the host is already in the session for more then 30 min.So, either an incorrect error message is displayed, (which should be the bug if that's the case).

or your going to have to convince me that it is possible to disconnect and attempted to reconnect to the host while being the host.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file