Game randomly freezing for ~10 seconds every ~15 minutes. Tried almost everything.

n shared this bug 4 months ago
Solved

I also posted this on the subreddit.

It's a weird kind of freeze. My character freezes in place, but some of the stuff in the world is not frozen, like some of the animated stuff: tree leaves swaying, wind turbines spinning, atmospheric thruster rotors spinning, blow torch flame moving, and some other things I might've missed. But everything else is frozen. The moment it freezes, the debug menu (Shift + F11; top right yellow text) also freezes and disappears during the freeze and reappears the moment it unfreezes.

I can't move my mouse and press keys. It doesn't even buffer my keypresses, during the freeze. Other players are frozen in place even though they are moving in their screen. When I am on a vehicle, it also freezes on my screen, but it's very annoying playing multiplayer as my vehicle keeps on moving while I am frozen and so I crash a lot.

My GPU, RAM, and CPU seem fine when the freeze happens (might have to check that later). The only weird thing I'm seeing is that Space Engineers is capped at ~4000mb, almost exactly that value. I don't know if it's hardware related but my best guess is that the physics engine freezes while everything else goes on.

I've been having this problem ever since I first installed this game and it's so frustrating not having fixed it yet. I have literally tried everything short of buying new hardware or reinstalling windows.

Video of it happening

Log files attached below

Things I tried:

• Replaced VRage.Library.dll with the one from Space Engineers - Mod SDK
  • Rolled back NVIDIA drivers from Version 546.33 to 536.40 (oldest I can find for my GPU)
  • Reinstalled vc_redist.x64
  • Removed all mods
  • Tried both singleplayer and multiplayer
  • Deleted the contents of %AppData%\SpaceEngineers\
  • Tried Fullscreen, Fullscreen Windowed & Windowed
  • Tried High, Medium, Low Graphics with V-Sync off and on

Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core Processor, 3200 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)

Motherboard: ASRock AB350 Pro4

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB

16 gigs of RAM

The game is installed on my HDD

Running on Windows 11

Replies (3)

photo

EDIT: SOLVED!!!!

Finally, after a couple of days of trying to fix it, I have found the solution:

All I had to do was uninstall Radmin VPN..... I don't even know how this is related to the issue, but oh well, it works.

More info:

After looking for other similar posts about this problem, I stumbled upon this post. A comment from Graham Bond said something about removing a LAN cable from his laptop seemed to have fixed his problem. I thought that that was a very weird solution, but other people seem to have fixed it using this. It's not really a choice for me, because my desktop can't have wireless internet, but another person said that deactivating IPV6 seems to have fixed his problem. I did this, but my game was still freezing.

I figured that maybe this issue is related to something with ethernet drivers or anything related to internet, and I remembered that, when doing 'ipconfig' in cmd, it shows that there is an internet 'adapter' for Radmin VPN. Seeing as I've tried literally everything, I said, why not, and uninstalled Radmin VPN. After testing it out for an hour in a multiplayer modded world with my friend, I think the issue is solved. No more random freezing and no more freezing when opening the escape menu. I can't even start to think about how this issue was even remotely related to LAN cables, let alone Radmin VPN.

Maybe this is a reproducible bug? And maybe this could be fixed by the devs somehow? I think it's as simple as installing Radmin VPN and launching Space Engineers.

photo

Hello, n,

thank you for reaching our forum with the problem that you were experiencing.

Thank you even more for coming back with the update of your current situation!

And since there is nothings I can help you with, since the game is working fine for you now, I will close this thread.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again should you experience/observe any other issue with the game.

Happy Engineering!

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

The game is not working fine.

This is happening to me as well, and many other in the forums complaining about it.

I tried disconnecting my LAN line as well and running over Wi-Fi and that fixed the issue (this is a work around, not a solution).

I can't play continuously over Wi-Fi as the connection is not as stable as being hardwired.

There is an issue with your game that needs to be address.

As of now, it's unplayable. I've lost my LAST ship to this issue and won't play until it's addressed and fixed.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file