build 12552712 - Grid with safe zone, conversion issue on public server.

Lucian gujan shared this bug 5 months ago
Solved

- Made a station, transported it to location.

- safe zone and reactor for it were attached to the main grid via one armor block.

- Conversion button blinked, even if the grid was not moving. (Possible a small number of blocks were owned by faction member)

- Conversion succeeded> grinded down the link block to make the safe zone and its reactor a separate grid.

activated safe zone, All filters set to blacklist. allowed projections.

- Adempted to change position of the station, reconnected the safe zone grid back via armor block, so was one grid again. Reconverted to ship .

At this point, conversion to station is no longer possible.

I cannot grind down any block on the grid>

damage from fire weapon shows removal or components, however it resets the visual of the block and the block remains intact?

I can build new block, But cannot remove any>

this happened on public server KEEN EU#1>

Replies (2)

photo

Hello Lucian gujan,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue. However, it seems that the grid on EU#1 was already converted to station and grinding or removing blocks was possible when tested. Are you still experiencing this problem?

Can you please share a blueprint of the station and any steps to reproduce if you remember what triggered this problem?

• You can access your blueprints files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Blueprints. Select the correct folder where your blueprint is saved (local or cloud), zip the file and attach it here.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hi,

Thank you for the response.

The grid was fixed after the Server rebooted.

My observation is that, this problem can occur, on grids with safe zones.

When this happened for me, these were the conditions:

Station and Safe Zone were two separate grids(Safe zone is the smaller grid).

Safe zone was active.

I merged the two grids into one. (Safe zone still active)

Converted the grid to ship while Safe zone was active, thus deactivating the zone.

At this point something must have happened to the grid and behaved as described in previous message.

Server restart fixed the grid,

here is a Video I made with the exact steps used in the Online session on server: https://youtu.be/m66GnhanvbY

I also attached the blueprint used.

I hope this helps.

thanks

photo
photo

Hello Lucian gujan,

Based on your description, this is an expected behavior. Since a server restart already fixed your issue, please contact the server admins on discord.gg/keenswh if you do experience it again, as they can provide you with quicker support regarding the official servers.

Since there is no assistance form me needed I will close this thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file