Textures Don't Load Correctly

Niklas Heiden shared this bug 5 months ago
Won't Fix

Hi I've had this problem for a long time, about 8+ months and the textures still don't load properly.

I have seen that it has already been discussed here but nothing has changed for me yet. I don't know what the problem is but it bores me in the long run.

In the beginning it wasn't that bad, sometimes the texture became very low (picture) and then it was quickly displayed correctly again, so I didn't think anything big about it.

But in the last few months it started to happen more and more often, and I've been playing with the permanent low resolution textures for about 1-2 months.

Of course it also gets annoying in the long run because it takes away detail on smaller distances and there is no difference between the different textures anymore.

I've tried many things in the meantime, new worlds, no mods or low graphics settings.

But nothing has changed. Then I saw the post here and also tried a few things here, e.g. deleting the SE config file.

But what I found out is that if I change the graphics card in the game itself to "Microsoft Basic Render Driver" all textures are displayed correctly, the only disadvantage was that I only had <8 fps.

So what should I do?58e9c2a43ab9e40e014c23d32b55889e

Replies (6)

photo

Hello, Niklas!

Thank you for writing to us, and we sincerely apologize for the issue you have been experiencing.

Could you please ensure that both your graphics and OS drivers are up to date? If they aren't, kindly update them. Following that, please also verify the game files on Steam. To do this, Right-click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Installed Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files. Once all files are successfully verified, launch the game and change the graphics card from "Microsoft Basic Render Driver" to your dedicated graphics card (e.g., Nvidia, AMD) in the game settings. Test the game in Low/Medium/High graphic settings to see if the issue persists.

If the issue still occurs, kindly share with us the log files (named, SpaceEngineers_& VRageRender-) from the time you encountered this issue.

• You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

I always make sure that the drivers are always up to date.

I checked the game files, they work normally, at least I think that Steam didn't show me an error after it checked, it didn't show me anything, I think that's what's supposed to happen. I also reinstalled the game a few days ago in the hope that it would solve this.

When I checked what was working, low/medium/high graphics settings. I noticed that it starts to load the textures properly, but only when I set the texture quality to "Low" but I've set it to low before and it didn't work.

This is a bit strange as I had previously played with medium or high textures and it worked perfectly.

I'll send you the logs anyway, maybe you can find out why medium/high textures suddenly stopped working for me.

photo

Sorry again for the belated comment but I just realized that after playing a bit the textures don't load properly again

photo

Hello, Niklas!

Thank you for providing the logs, and we're sorry to hear that you're still experiencing the issue.

Upon reviewing the logs, it appears that you're using an AMD graphics driver. Previously, we've received reports from players with AMD CPUs and GPUs encountering texture issues, which seem to align with the issue you've described. This issue has already been reported internally here;

https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers/pc/topic/41283-game-breaking-bugged-shadows

As we also have noticed several active MODs and scripts in the world when your logs were generated, which has also caused a few mod-related errors. To accurately identify if your issue aligns with those reported by other players, could you please confirm if the issue persists in a vanilla world (with no active mods or scripts)? Before proceeding, we kindly ask you to follow these steps again;

Verify your game files on Steam

• Right-click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Installed Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file

• It means your game configuration will be deleted
  • You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Delete ShaderCache folder

• Same access as SpaceEngineers.cfg

After completing these steps, launch the game, ensure the AMD dedicated graphics driver is selected in the game settings, and create a new vanilla world. Check if the issue persists there. If it does, please provide us with a screen recording or video showing the issue, along with the latest log files.

Kind Regards,

photo

https://clipchamp.com/watch/Oqj8WYAkb20

Here is the video (720p)

Don't get sore because of the green at the beginning, it has nothing to do with the game, that's because of Clipchamp, I don't know why it does that either.

photo

Hello, Niklas!

Thank you for sharing further new logs and screen recording.

After reviewing the logs and assessing your device's specifications, it appears that your device doesn't meet the required specifications needed to run Space Engineers smoothly.

You can find the information regarding minimum system requirements, here. Without meeting these minimum specifications, the game may not perform as intended, which could be the cause of the texture issues you're experiencing.

Since there's nothing broken/bugged we are closing this thread for now.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind Regards,

Leave a Comment

Attach a file