Hang at Startup, once more

Carlos K shared this bug 6 months ago
Won't Fix

A recap. Windows 10, playing trough Family Share, NVidia 3060 GPU.

Last time, the game hung because we assumed it couldnt load a SpaceEngineers.cfg file, which was replaced. That worked fine, until an hour ago, when the game is back to hanging at the splash screen

These are the log files related to the situation. I understand the next step is a full reinstall, but that would take a few days to finish thanks to shoddy Internet service. Even if I go trough it, I am posting here my current log files in case something in them can reveal what *actually* is happening.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello Carlos K,

I am sorry you are experiencing issues when starting Space Engineers. Since you do not want to reinstall the game right now, you can try the following:

Deactivate all of the plugins you are using. If you are using mods and scripts deactivate those as well.

Verify your game files in Steam

-Right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Installed Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file

-You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

- It means your game configuration will be deleted

Delete ShaderCache folder

-Same access as SpaceEngineers.cfg

Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it

Restart Steam

Reinstall VC Redist 2017

Update graphic drivers

Make sure your operating system is fully updated

If you are still unable to launch the game, please share your latest log file with me.

• You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Carlos,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file