TI-Nspire CX II CAS calculator plugged into a USB port on the PC makes game run terribly.

Ashe Puttyfoot shared this bug 6 months ago
Solved

I have solved this issue, however I thought I might notify you guys to what was the problem for me (because it's a bit odd, as per the title.) Also note it was only occuring on SE, even though I also played a game called Squad with no different performance than usual. (but no other games in the time it was plugged in)

Basically, I tried to play SE again (after playing already that day with friends and solo), and I launched SE, but on both the menus, vanilla and modded worlds, every 3-5 seconds I was freezing for anywhere between 3/4 of a second to 15 or 20 odd seconds, and also having severe input delay and missing inputs from both mouse and keyboard.

After a day or two of trying my hardest to find out what the issue is, with no success, I had more or less given up, and the last thing I had left to try was to reinstall the game and was going to do so overnight. However, mid game (playing through this issue (I must hate myself lol)), I unplugged my "TI-Nspire CX II CAS Graphing Calculator" from my computer's USB, and it instantly ran exactly as it had prior- smoothlessly.

Again, this is now solved for me, I just thought I should alert keen to the issue (even if it's obscure).

Included log files for all the times I tried to play whilst the CAS was plugged into my PC. Last log is the one where I unplugged the CAS. (note many mods, but still runs very smooth before/after CAS unplugged)

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Ashe Puttyfoot,

thank you for reaching our forum with this problem.

Happy to hear that you managed to solve this problem on your own in the end.

As this issue is now solved on your side and there is nothing more we can help you with, I will close this thread.

However, I made sure to note down this situation and the solution, for any player in the future that would experience same/similar problem.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Freezing sounds like the game was running out of memory, it's possible that some app associated with your calculator was using up much of your available memory

Leave a Comment

Attach a file