Random freezing while effects and sound continues

Kenny Greene shared this bug 6 months ago
Won't Fix

My game randomly freezes every 1-5min, for about 1-5 seconds. The world (grass, blowtorch etc) keep moving and making sounds though it doesnt actually do anything until it unfreezes. Im New to the game and in single player offline. Im currently using the mods

Build vision

build info

color hud

colorful icons

texthud api

and production quota

My first play without mods had this freeze, I tried playing in an unmodded world and still get this.

i have a 2080

32gb or ram @3000mhz

and a 12th gen i5

Running on an NVME SSD

Task manager doesn't report anything above 50%

C++ redist is updated

.net is up to date

gpu driver is up to date

game files were uninstalled via steam

shadercashe2 was deleted

game config was deleted

file integrity was checked

Please ignore my windows username lol

my issue is similar to this closed ticket 2 years ago exept for timing. My freezes were much much shorter (1-5sec) and i also noticed the garbage collection message,

https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers/pc/topic/gamecharacter-freezing-enviroment-musicsounds-and-effects-still-play_1

Replies (7)

photo

Hello!

Thank you for contacting us. Since this is a bug report, I'm moving your ticket to our support page, where our QA team will take care of you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House

photo

Hello Kenny Greene,

I am sorry you are experiencing freezing while playing Space Engineers. Can you please try the following:

Deactivate all of your mods, scripts and plugins. Then try to launch the game again. If it still freezes then back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it.

-You can access it by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming and delete folders SpaceEngineers and SpaceEngineersDedicated

Reinstall Space Engineers and try to launch it again.

Additionally please make sure your operating system is fully updated.

If you are still experiencing freezing then please share your new vanilla log file with me.

• You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

I have deleted the entire folder in appdata as well as uninstalled and reinstalled the game. I tested it this morning and got the same issue, Here is an additional one. Ive included a video with time to hopefully help. This is all on local with no server so no space engineers dedicated was there to delete. Windows 11 is up to date. In my video you can see me dragging rock towards the end, it freezes while i'm attempting to drag it, i move my mouse around and you can see a few seconds later its back. This is a common occurrence for me in menus but will also happen when using tools where sound and sparks fly but n cannot move and nothing is actually happening.

photo

Hello Kenny Greene,

I could not find any errors or reasons for the freezing you are experiencing in the logs provided. Can you please make sure you have nothing plugged in the USB ports on your computer? Please also disconnect your headphones and try to play Space Engineers again.

You have mentioned that freezing is common occurrence for you in menus. Does it mean that you are experiencing this freezing in other games as well or did you mean the different menus in Space Engineers?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

photo

Everything except for ethernet, display port, keyboard and mouse, and power were disconnected. Also apologies for the confusion, my issues are exclusive to this game. And With all disconnected, the issue still occurs

photo
photo

Hello Kenny Greene,

since your game is still freezing even when there is nothing plugged in the USB ports, I reported this issue internally. Please practice patience while our programmers review your logs.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind regards,

photo

Hello Kenny Greene,

Our programmers were unable to find the reason for the freezes. Can you please provide me with a video from the moment you launch the game and during gameplay?

Thank you.

Kind regards,

photo

Hello Kenny,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Leave a Comment

Attach a file