Assigned weapons disappear from combat block

Manny Sarmiento shared this bug 6 months ago
Reported

I build a small grid drone with a gattling gun and merged it to a large grid using a merge block. Once I detach the drone (small grid) from the ship (large grid), the combat block loses the "assigned" weapons. You have to reassign them manually. I posted this in the discord discussions and some other players have the same experience and called it a bug. Is there an immediate workaround I can do, or is this going to be addressed in a future update?

Long version is, I made a combat drone with 2 gattling guns that crashes on the target after ammo runs out. It works out well stand alone. Then I made a printer to print the drone from a projector. The small grid drone is attached by a merge block to a sub grid (advanced rotor) by the time its printed. Everything is fine up to this point. Once the drone's merge block detaches, the gattlings wont shoot anymore. I found out that after detaching the merge block, the combat block "forgets" the assigned gattlings. You have to add it in manually, but at this point the drone already flew away!

Replies (3)

photo

Hello Manny Sarmiento,

Thank you for contacting us. Two other players have already reported that the offensive AI block loses assigned weapons after unmerging. In this report the player describes similar issue after printing the grind. And a player in this thread experiences similar behavior using timer blocks.

Can you please read through the two threads and let me know if the issues are the same as the one you are describing? If not, can you please share your world save or blueprint where you experience this problem?

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

• You can access your blueprints files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Blueprints. Select the correct folder where your blueprint is saved (local or cloud), zip the file and attach it here.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hi,

My situation is more like the first example, but I also did something similar to the 2nd example t. I put 3 printers on the same large grid and all of the printed drones (small grid) "forgot" their weapons. I have attached my blueprints, File 1 Kamikaze Drone EX is the standalone working version. Paste the blueprint in creative/admin mode, press the big button and away it goes (make sure you have a target!). File 2 Kamikaze Drone EX Auto is the printer version. Mostly the same except for an extra event controller that detaches the merge block when the cargo is full of ammo. File 3 Kamikaze Auto Print test is the printer. For convenience I preloaded Kamikaze Drone Ex Auto. You can try to print both if you like. I used a 4 button panel. Button 1 toggle welder on, Button 2 toggle projector on, Button 3 "locks" the connector and fills the drone with gattling ammo (need to spawn ammo and materials in cargo block for testing). Drone self detaches and looks for a target after the cargo is full. Hopefully this report helps and may I just say that I am a big fan of the game. I played a few years ago, stopped got overwhelmed with the learning curve, then started playing again in the last few months and got totally hooked! So much so that I bought my son his own copy of space engineers so we can play together!

photo
photo

Hello Manny Sarmiento,

Thank you for looking into the reports. I tried to download and extract the blueprints, however they contain only pictures of the blueprints but not the actual files. There should be 3 files in the folder. I am attaching a screenshot of an example.

I am very happy to hear that you are enjoying Space Engineers and we appreciate your kind words. I hope your son finds it as enjoyable as you do.

Thank you in advance for the blueprints.

Kind regards,

photo

Well this is odd. My local folder is empty and the cloud folder has all the blue print folders but the they just contain thumbnails. I attached my save file. I drilled down to the individual save if that works. Attached screenshot of the file directory.

photo

Also attached is my entire save file.

photo
photo

Hello Manny Sarmiento,

Thank you for the save. I was able to reproduce the issue and I reported it into our internal system.

Kind regards,

Leave a Comment

Attach a file