Event block doesnt work with AI offensive correctly

Antipindoc shared this bug 7 months ago
Need More Information

"Distance to locked target" works with the AI offensive block, but the AND gate is useless. When there are no targets and thus the AI offensive isnt locked on, the Output is still Slot 1. It would be nice if the gate worked, so that e.g. missiles beyond visual range would be possible or Alarms when enemies are within range. Another use could be automated bots engaging when an enemy is present and returning to a different type of work when there are none.

Also when a target is in range and is deleted, the event block still displays a "target" at the last distance recorded even though the actual AI block shows that its searching for targets.

I can provide more details on my testing if needed.

Replies (1)

photo

Hello, engineer!

Thank you for writing to us.

Regarding the issue where the target is deleted or hides when in range, and the event block continues to display a "target" at the last recorded distance, it appears to be a similar issue reported in this thread.

For the AND gate, actions trigger only when all monitored blocks fulfill the condition. If the AND Gate is disabled, the event controller functions like an OR gate, and the false condition triggers only when none of the inputs are true.

If, in your case, all conditions are met, and the action is still not triggering, kindly send us a screen capture/video recording showing the issue as it occurred. Please also provide the world save file or a blueprint of the grid.

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.
  • You can access your blueprints files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Blueprints. Select the correct folder where your blueprint is saved (local or cloud), zip the file and attach it here.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Dear Keen,

I've uploaded the World file, Blueprint of the grid and the video showcasing the bug on google drive:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZL_iw7PddJUOwyuHrx0h04fc5j-iRPIN/view?usp=sharing

I didn't include the blueprint for the Dragonfly grid, because any grid will do and its a keen workshop blueprint.

I do have 2 mods included in the world, them being the "Aerodynamic Physics" and "Midspace's Ship Speed Unlimited mod (skybox friendly)" mod. None of them should affect the logic of the event block and I demonstrate it in the video by showing the AND gate working with the rotor.

Another thing I forgot to mention in the original post, was the fact that the threshold for the "Distance to locked target" does not change when the slider is moved. This happens when a target is locked and when one isn't. I used the AI defensive block in the video but its identical with the offensive one. My guess is, is that the event block only updates the data on the locked target, when a signal is sent my the AI offensive block, instead of every tick. This would also explain the issue with the target info staying even after the target is deleted. I did also show it in the video.

As a side note, I wanted to report an issue with the AI offensive block "Intercept" mode. It would be way better if the grid oriented towards the locked target immediatly, instead of doing it at a specific range. To be specific, if the "Basic" mode is active then the front side of the AI Move block is always looking towards the target directly (or rather the module the AI offensive is targeting eg Default, Weapons, Propulsion or Power systems). In "Target prediction" the grid will orient itself in a way that it will "look" at a point where, if the target grid were to keep the same vector, it will calculate the most efficient path towards the target. The concept is identical to how modern missiles work (the AIM-9 Sidewinder for example). Its theoretically easy to implement since an almost identical feature is present with the aim prediction, when you're in a cockpit and have a target locked. Currently ingame, the missile just flies towards the general directional of the target and starts correcting only when its within 500ish meters. The effect is is that the missile suddenly pulls very hard when its near the target, overcorrects and misses. Then it proceeds to just orbit the target until the conditions are perfect and its hits or runs out of fuel. And before its mentioned, no I did not use thrusters in all directions, but that shouldnt affect the grid by this much when the only direction missing is back (or backwars from the direction its facing).

If you have any questions or need any more recordings etc, I'd be happy to provide them (especially with the second issue)

photo

Dear Keen,

was there an update on the issue?

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file