Low quality shadows; higher shadow quality makes them worse

HopelessSoap shared this bug 7 months ago
Duplicate

The shadows in game appear lower resolution than they should, and increasing the shadows quality only makes them even lower resolution

The attached file is a video demonstrating the issue

Replies (3)

photo

Hello, engineer!

Thank you for writing to us, and we apologize that you're experiencing this issue.

Could you please confirm if your device has an AMD CPU/GPU? If so, we are already aware of this issue and have reported it internally here.

If this is not the case, we kindly ask you to try the following steps, which may help resolve your issue:

Verify your game files on Steam

• Right-click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Installed Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file

• It means your game configuration will be deleted
  • You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Delete ShaderCache folder

• Same access as SpaceEngineers.cfg
  • Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

Once completed, please relaunch the game via Steam to see if the issue has been resolved.

If the issue persists, kindly send us the log from when the issue occurred.

• You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Yeah I do have an AMD CPU and GPU. I saw that issue, but wasn't sure if it was related or not

photo

Hello, HopelessSoap,

thank you for the additional information.

Since you have confirm that the issue is the same, I will close this thread as duplicate.

Please follow the shared thread for any new comments, updates and possible fix coming.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!