Glitched Shadows

MatyCZE shared this bug 7 months ago
Won't Fix

I have issues on with weird shadow-like shapes projected on asteroids. It happens across different saves regardless if new vanilla or modded. I noticed one new vanilla save was fine, then I loaded into save that had such issue and logged back onto new save and the issue persisted, until I restarted the game it was still glitched in all saves, after restart the new save was fine until the problematic save was loaded, however today, I couldnt replicate same behavior, I was loading between "new" save from before, where the issue persisted now and NEW new save where it is not present at all.

My CPU is Intel 6700K and gpu is AMD 6600XT, GPU drivers were 23.9.1 at the time of screenshot, I will update them now and see if the issue persists

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, engineer!

Thank you for writing to us, and we apologize that you're experiencing this issue.

However, it seems the issue is the same as this one where the player has experienced a similar issue with their AMD CPU/GPU. But since as you have mentioned, on the new saves this issue is not persistent, please try to update your graphic drivers. You can also try the following workarounds, which may help resolve your issue further:

Verify your game files on Steam

• Right-click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Installed Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file

• It means your game configuration will be deleted
  • You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Delete ShaderCache folder

• Same access as SpaceEngineers.cfg
  • Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

Once completed, please relaunch the game via Steam to see if the issue has been resolved.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello, engineer!

As there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file