This object is in archive! 

Static grid vanished last night

Lex shared this bug 13 months ago
Won't Fix

Following the advise from Dan2D3D from Space Engineers support (Steam Community) I report my bug here:

I play on my own server alone (4netplayers maxed out for 100 players). After some weeks playing my first static grid on Titan just vanished. The grid was on energy an turned on. Admin-controls are set properly that nothing disapears automatically. I always delete grids and floating objects manually. And no I didnt delete this station manually ;-)

The static grid had several other static grids connected by connectors and landing gears. Those other static grids didnt vanish. Also several ships connected to the first static grid didnt vanish, but crashed on the surface of the planet (so if I had deleted the grid manually the ships also would have been deleted due to the connection of the landing gears).

I also have several other static grids on asteroids and other moons and planets who didnt vanish, but the event controler on at least one other static grid had been set to zero (doors didnt close automatically).

Replies (8)

photo

EDIT:

As recommended from the support at Steam I share this information with you:

I play on a rented 4netplayers server full maxed for 100 players and I play alone

My PC is a Windows CORE i7 full updated; it is the same I online access to 4netplayers and play Space Engineers on Steam on the server

I play Space Engineers on the server as survival mode, I play with 2 Mods by 'Dummy Industries': BuildAndRepairSystem and DrillSystem

just downloaded files from stopped server:

Sandbox_config.sbc: <OptimalGridCount>0</OptimalGridCount>

Sandbox.sbc: <OptimalGridCount>0</OptimalGridCount>

photo

Hello, Lex

I am sorry you have experienced this problem. Can you please share your log from the time the grid vanished with me? Can you please also provide me with a vanilla world save and GPS coordinates of the vanished grid?

• You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineersDedicated.

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineersDedicated\Saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Files:

1st first server reboot today

SpaceEngineersDedicated_20230914_214427577.log

2nd after server reboot

SpaceEngineersDedicated_20230915_052128797.log

3rd my first logon today where I saw that static grid had vanished

SpaceEngineersDedicated_20230915_052330180.log

photo

Unfortunately I do not have save-game-files from that moment only actual save-game-files from just now. I had to rename them to *.txt because otherwhise your uploader does not accept them.

photo

The static grid that vanished was on Titan, called 'HEIMAT'

photo

I have a conspiracy theorie ;-)

There is a file called OffensiveWords.sbc at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SpaceEngineers\Content\Data

And the first forbidden word is '1488';

The static grid 'HEIMAT' that vanished had more than 2000 batteries and it was the only grid so big. So my theory is that this gird vanished, because there had been a battery automatically named 'Batterie 1488' (game runs in German language) by the game.

Can that be true?

photo

There is a setting somewhere for optimal grid count if I remember correctly. When the game exceeds that grid limit, the game deletes grids seemingly at random to reduce the number of grids. Me and a friend came across this Bug/Feature on a dedicated server previously.

photo

Hello, Lex

I am sorry to inform you that since you are renting the server from 4netplayers, you are using an OS which we do not support, you cannot provide us with saves and you are using mods on the server which are not supported by us, we are unable to help you with your problem.

Please contact the server providers which might be able to help you.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind regards,

photo

Fair enough.

So, can I rent a server at Keen to get support?

photo

I think the point is that the mods will have an effect on the game that Keen is not able to spend resources on investigating. If your server was running vanilla and from a provider that works with keen such as PingPerfect or Nitrado then there would be more support options available to you.

I'm sorry that you are having this problem, however if you could read this post on the steam forums i think this could be a similar situation to the one you are experiencing.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/244850/discussions/0/4627984302706333106/

photo

@admin: you can close this topic!

photo

Hello, Lex,

thank you for your reply.

I will close this thread as per your request.

Kind Regards

Replies have been locked on this page!