LCD CRASH [.203]

Jack Bishop shared this bug 7 months ago
Reported

22:06:55.5039 [FATAL] Initializer: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at SpaceEngineers.Game.EntityComponents.Blocks.MyLcdSurfaceComponent.UpdateHideableScreenVisibility()

at Sandbox.Game.Entities.Blocks.MyTextPanel.UpdateOnceBeforeFrame()

at Patched_Sandbox.Game.Entities.MyParallelEntityUpdateOrchestratorDispatchOnceBeforeFrame_0(Object )

at Sandbox.Game.Entities.MyEntities.UpdateBeforeSimulation()

at Sandbox.Game.World.MySector.UpdateBeforeSimulation()

at Patched_Sandbox.Game.World.MySessionUpdateComponents_0(Object )

at Patched_Sandbox.Game.World.MySessionUpdate_1(Object , MyTimeSpan )

at Sandbox.MySandboxGame.Update()

at Patched_Sandbox.Engine.Platform.GameUpdateInternal_0(Object )

at Patched_Sandbox.Engine.Platform.GameRunSingleFrame_0(Object )

at Patched_Sandbox.Engine.Platform.FixedLoop+<>c__DisplayClass11_0<Run>b__0_0(Object )

at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.GenericLoop.Run(VoidAction tickCallback)

at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.Game.RunLoop()

spawned in and got this

Replies (5)

photo

Hello, Jack,

thank you for letting us know about this.

Can you please share me the whole log file?

Please attach the whole file from the affected game session so I can take a look what is happening before the crash on your side as well.

Are there any steps that you take before the game crashes? You write that you only spawned... so it happening when loading any world? The game is loading properly to Main menu for you? Do you experience this crash in every world that you try to load? You do not need to do anything specific in the game?

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hi, Ondrej.

Unfortunately, I could not find any repo steps for this crash.

This only happened once since the latest .203 update, on my public server. I respawned at another grid, and as soon as the blocks were rendered, the server crash happened. All the menus were loading fine etc etc.

You can find the actual stack at 22:06 in the torch log and I have also attatched the keen log too. I do not have the mini dump to provide, as I delete them after creation but it should of been sent to Opicka before deletion.

One thing to note, is that this stack of code should not be called on the server and I have since written a patch to disable it server side and have also seen a reclaim of CPU overhead because of this.

photo

Hello, Jack,

thank you for the additional information. Am I understanding it correctly that this is Torch server where you experienced the crash? If so, you will have to reach out to our Discord Torch community where someone will be able to help you out. Torch is a community effort and cannot be supported by our in-house team.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

photo

Hello QA, department :)

My name is Bishbash(777) I run and maintain the Torch software and community. I present this crash to you as it came from the base game. I understand I cound not provide reproduction steps however it should be noted that LCD visibility logic should not be server sided and should be offloaded exclusively to the client, that way if there is a crash, it only affects the client, not the entire server.

photo

Hello. Jack!

The issue has been reported to our internal system.

Kind Regards,

Leave a Comment

Attach a file