Do not start Space Engineers

Евгений Курилов shared this bug 8 months ago
Won't Fix

Good afternoon.
Black screen hangs on startup. 
Previously, 2 years ago, the game was launched, after the next update it stopped. Updated video card drivers and turned off antivirus. Help solve the problem.

Replies (5)

photo

Hello!

Thank you for contacting us. Since this is a bug report, I'm moving your ticket to our support page, where our QA team will take care of you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House

photo

Hello, engineer!

Thank you for writing to us, and we are sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue.

Please follow these suggested workarounds, which may help resolve the issue:

Verify your game files on Steam

• Right-click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Installed Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file

• It means your game configuration will be deleted
  • You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Delete ShaderCache folder

• Same access as SpaceEngineers.cfg

• Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers (please make sure that your drivers have been successfully updated)
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

After completing these steps, kindly launch the game via Steam and check if the issue still occurs.

If the issue persists, kindly send us the log file from when the issue occurred.

• You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Good afternoon. Here are the files you requested.

photo
photo

Good afternoon. Here are the files you requested.

photo

Hello, Engineer,

thank you for these. But sadly, there is nothing that could possibly help me to point towards some direction to solve this problem.

Can you confirm that you did all the troubleshooting/workaround steps/points as mentioned by my colleague in the previous comment?

Since there is no error/exception with which we could work as a starting point, can you please also send me the log from the Windows Event Viewer?

You can find full "how to" here:

https://www.spaceengineersgame.com/troubleshooting/game-will-not-start-issues/

Please see the section "When the game does not start and does not produce any log file".

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Leave a Comment

Attach a file