Wired Mars/desert textures

Tsvetomir Yovinski shared this bug 9 months ago
Solved

As of this week I started seeing strange and frankly quite annoying textures on any dessert terrain. Attached.

Also the screenshots are from a brand new, vanilla, I only forgot the Colored Icons mod.

Replies (9)

photo

Hello, Tsvetomir Yovinski,

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue. Can you please deactivate all of your mods and send me your newest log?

• You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Additionally you can try the following:

Verify your game files in Steam

-Right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Installed Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file

-You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

- It means your game configuration will be deleted

Delete ShaderCache folder

-Same access as SpaceEngineers.cfg

Update graphic drivers

Please let me know if any of the above helped, if not please attach the log file here.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello, Thank you for the quick reply. I checked the game file and I did all the steps you recommended to no effect.

I am on the latest AMD drivers. Also, I am running a RX6800XT with a 5800X3D if it makes any difference.

Screenshots (new vanilla game on Mars) and the latest logs attached.

photo

thank you for the logs. It seems you could be having problems with your drivers. Please try to follow this guide: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-601. You can then manually install new driver version from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-6000-series/amd-radeon-6800-series/amd-radeon-rx-6800-xt

Thank you for letting me know if it worked.

Kind regards,

photo

Hi,

I reinstalled the drivers, manually, and using adrenalin, same story.

Screenshots and logs attached.

photo

thank you for the new log and images. I noticed you are now using Voxel textures mod, which could be causing this issue.

Can you please deactivate all of the mods and plugins you are using? I need a vanilla log to search for errors.

After you remove all of the mods, verify the game files again before you start the game. You can also uninstall the game from Steam and make sure there are no files left behind in the Roaming folder. Then try to install and launch it again.

If you are still seeing the wrong voxel texture, please share your newest log from the vanilla save with me.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

photo

The game was uninstalled and re-installed. Same thing. Logs and screenshots from e band new vanilla game attached.

photo

Hi, am... I not quite sure why or how but... it`s all good now (screenshots attached from the same vanilla game from yesterday).

All hail Lord Clang, that`s what I am going with. He fixed it :D

Thanks for all the help!

photo

Figured it... all it took is changing the setting for the textures from "High" to "Low" and then back to "High" again. I hope this helps.

Also, All hail Lord Clang!

photo

I am very happy to hear that you managed to fix the issue :) I will close this thread since there is no assistance from me needed anymore, however please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Happy engineering!

Kind regards,

Leave a Comment

Attach a file