Texture / Shader issues after AMD GPU driver update

Bryce Figueroa shared this bug 9 months ago
Solved

After updating my AMD graphics drivers to version 23.7.2, I've noticed some weird texture problems on asteroids and some areas on planets. Block textures and lighting seem fine, and I haven't noticed any issues in other games. I'll probably roll back to 23.7.1 for the time being, but I thought I should bring this to support's attention.

I've attached a screenshot and a DxDiag file with my system information.

Thanks!

Replies (4)

photo

Hello, Bryce Figueroa,

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue. Can you please share your log file with me?

• You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Sure! Here is the last log file from yesterday (8/1).

photo
photo

Hello, Bryce Figueroa,

thank you for the log. Can you please deactivate all of your mods and plugins for testing purposes? Try to launch a vanilla game and look at the texture of voxels. If they still look incorrect then please verify your game files:

-Right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Installed Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

If the voxels still have the problem then try to do the following:

Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file

-You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

- It means your game configuration will be deleted

Delete ShaderCache folder

-Same access as SpaceEngineers.cfg

Please let me know if any of the above helped. If not then please share your newest log from the vanilla testing.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

photo

Deleting the shader cache folder and verifying the game files worked!

Thank you for the assistance! Very much appreciated. :)

photo

Hello, Bryce Figueroa,

I am happy to hear your problem was solved. Since there is no assistance from me needed anymore I will close this thread.

You are welcome and happy engineering :)

Kind regards,

Leave a Comment

Attach a file